Markey Cancer Center
CANCER TYPES &
The UK Markey Cancer Center has developed a variety of specialized multidisciplinary teams to evaluate and treat the disease, which means that physicians and nurses from multiple specialties work together with each patient to develop the best treatment plan for their particular circumstances.
WE'RE CHANGING HOW
KENTUCKY TREATS CANCER
UK HealthCare’s Markey Cancer Center has once again been ranked among the top 50 cancer centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
As Kentucky’s only National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, we never stop innovating, researching, finding breakthroughs and providing interdisciplinary care for cancer patients and their families. Their stories are the proof of our impact, and the reason we continue to find new ways to give Kentuckians the expert cancer care they deserve.
At the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center, we are advancing cancer care and research to prevent, detect and treat one patient at a time. As a patient at Markey, you have a team of people looking at your individual case, applying the most recent cancer knowledge to give you the best chance of survival.
Clinical trials allow our researchers to do the research that can help heal Kentuckians and move the entire state forward.
Markey study: New program shows promise in reducing financial burden of cancer care.
- 'Behind the Blue': Surgical oncologist Emily Marcinkowski on women in health care
- Design Thinking: How UK prepares students for real-world problem solving
- Women Making History: Markey researcher uses computational science to solve Kentucky’s health challenges
- Collaboration turns the tide on Kentucky’s colorectal cancer rates
- Special college fair helps young cancer patients 'unlock' their future
Advancing health equity
Markey’s community health workers play a critical role in cancer screening and prevention. The Markey Cancer Center is…