Markey Cancer Center
CANCER TYPES &
The UK Markey Cancer Center has developed a variety of specialized multidisciplinary teams to evaluate and treat the disease, which means that physicians and nurses from multiple specialties work together with each patient to develop the best treatment plan for their particular circumstances.
WE'RE CHANGING HOW
KENTUCKY TREATS CANCER
UK HealthCare’s Markey Cancer Center has once again been ranked among the top 50 cancer centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
As Kentucky’s only National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, we never stop innovating, researching, finding breakthroughs and providing interdisciplinary care for cancer patients and their families. Their stories are the proof of our impact, and the reason we continue to find new ways to give Kentuckians the expert cancer care they deserve.
At the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center, we are advancing cancer care and research to prevent, detect and treat one patient at a time. As a patient at Markey, you have a team of people looking at your individual case, applying the most recent cancer knowledge to give you the best chance of survival.
Clinical trials allow our researchers to do the research that can help heal Kentuckians and move the entire state forward.
UK cardiac, cancer specialists collaborate to prevent heart problems in cancer patients.
- Dr. Eddy Shih-Hsin Yang appointed as the chair of radiation medicine
- UK Markey Cancer Center named top oncology program by Becker's Hospital Review
- Markey launches large-scale study on precision medicine outcomes
- Markey study addresses colorectal cancer disparities in Black communities
- Construction, expansion approved for new UK HealthCare cancer ambulatory complex