University Health Service: Employee Health
Certain health risks come with working in any healthcare facility, and specific precautions must be taken to minimize those risks. It is important to do all you can to safeguard your health as well as the health of your patients and of your family.
Compliance is mandatory for all healthcare employees and health sciences employees who work in a patient care facility. Enterprise policy A03-005 outlines the required compliance items established to help protect the health of employees and patients. Frequent hand washing and vaccination against communicable diseases provide additional protection.
UK HealthCare employees are required to visit Employee Health annually during their birth month for a TB screening. Additional compliance information can be found in the Employee Health section of The Loop.
Employee Health Provides the Following Services for UK HealthCare Employees:
Appointments are required
- Compliance immunizations
- Annual birth month TB screening *Note: TB skin tests are not given on Thursdays
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure: Contact your immediate supervisor and follow packet instructions.
Hours: 7:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday − Friday.
Schedule an appointment by calling 859-323-2778 or with MyChart
Questions? Email email@example.com
What to Know Prior to Your Appointment
- Employees must bring their UK ID badge in order to be seen.
- Employees receiving services through Employee Health will receive documentation that should be returned to the employee's supervisor.
- Potential new hires will make a New Hire Bundle visit.
- During your visit, immunization requirements will be evaluated and required immunizations that are missing will be administered.