University Health Service provides the following services for UK employees (appointments are required):
- Employees with a UK health insurance plan can come to the UK Health Plan Urgent Care Clinic for urgent care needs.
- Prescription refills
- Screening tests and immunizations required for employment.
- Compliance immunizations including tuberculosis, hepatitis B, varicella and MMR.
- Workers care: Contact your immediate supervisor for information and follow packet instructions.
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure: Contact your immediate supervisor and follow packet instructions.
- Animal handler medical surveillance
- Flu information
Appointments are required.
- Schedule an appointment by calling 859-323-2778 or schedule online for Employee TB Screening or UHS Employee Urgent Care Clinic.
- For questions and concerns, contact Leslie Ehrmantraut or call 859-323-5823.
- Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday − Friday. TB skin tests are not given on Thursdays.
- Get directions to UHS on Google maps.
- Employees must bring their UK ID badge in order to be seen.
- Employees receiving services through Employee Health will receive documentation that should be returned to the employee's supervisor.
- Potential new hires will make a New Hire Bundle visit, facilitated through Human Resources.
- During your visit, immunization requirements will be evaluated and required immunizations that are missing will be administered.
Certain health risks come with working in any health care facility, and specific precautions must be taken to minimize those risks. It is important to do all you can to safeguard your health as well as the health of your patients and of your family.
Frequent hand washing and vaccination against communicable diseases provides additional protection. Enterprise policy A03-005 outlines the required compliance items established to help protect the health of employees and patients. Compliance is mandatory for all health care employees and health sciences employees who work in a patient care facility.
UK HealthCare employees are required to visit Employee Health annually during their birth month for a TB screening and compliance review appointment. Read more about TB screening.
For more information on UK Hospital policies about Employee Health, please click on the following links: (please be advised that these policies are currently under revision to reflect the changes)
University Health Service
University Health Service BuildingFax 859-257-8708830 S. Limestone
Lexington, KY 40536
We are located two buildings down from the Kentucky Clinic and directly across S. Limestone from the Speedway gas station.