Oncogenomics Shared Resource Facility (OG SRF)
OG SRF Overview
The overall mission of the Oncogenomics Shared Resource Facility (OG SRF) laboratory is to accelerate the clinical genomics, precision medicine and genomic research interests at the Markey Cancer Center (MCC) by providing cutting-edge genomic and molecular technology services.
Functioning as one component of the larger UK HealthCare Genomics Core, the OG SRF provides state-of-the-art technologies specifically adapted to the needs of MCC investigators to facilitate genomics into the translational pathway from basic research to clinical and population-based studies. The OG SRF plays a critical role in Markey’s directions for research and delivery of precision medicine.
The Genomics Core Laboratory, a College of American Pathologists-accredited facility, was established in 2015 as part of UK HealthCare, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and MCC's Genomics initiative. The facility occupies about 4,500 square feet within the UK HealthCare Clinical Laboratories.
You can browse our pages here to learn about our team, find our location and other vital information. For more, visit the Genomics Core Laboratory webpage.
- Provide comprehensive and high-quality genomic services.
- Provide genomic consultation services.
- Enhance coordinated operations with project relevant SRFs to support the team science research model of MCC.
We provide investigators access to a wide range of genomic services, including the following:
Investigation Platform Consultation
The expert team of OG SRF works with investigators on choosing appropriate research methods and platforms to fit their scientific and budgetary needs.
It is strongly recommended to schedule a consultation with OG SRF to help you select the best methods for your project. Selections are based on considerations such as cutting-edge platforms available, cost efficiency, high-quality deliverables and providing basic genomic data interpretation.
OG SRF works closely with the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics SRF to analyze and interpret your data. Click here to see Bioinformatics Services.
The Oncogenomics Shared Resource Facility offers library preparation and Illumina sequencing services. Library preparation can be performed on the Agilent Bravo, and sequencing services are available on the MiSeq, NextSeq 2000, and NovaSeq 6000.
- Library Preparation Services
- Whole genome sequencing
- Targeted sequencing
- Amplicon sequencing and small gene panels
- Investigators provide the probes/amplicons/libraries
- Whole exome sequencing
- Agilent Clinical Research Exome
- Agilent Focused Exome
- Agilent All Human Exon
- mRNA Seq for differential expression experiments
- Whole transcriptome sequencing (RNA-seq)
- 10x Genomics Chromium
- Tier I – Sequencing only
- Investigators perform PCR, dye incorporation, and dye cleanup
- Tier II – Clean up and sequencing
- Investigator perform PCR and dye incorporation
- Tier III – Sanger sequencing reaction, cleanup and sequencing
- Investigator perform PCR
- Investigator submits amplicons for fragment analysis on the ABI 3730
Gene Expression Microarray
- All standard arrays
- miRNA array
- Custom arrays
- NanoString Sprint
- Digital PCR
- Nucleic acid QC (Bioanalyzer, TapeStation, Qubit)
- Covaris ultrasonication
Acknowledge the OG SRF
Investigators are required to acknowledge the Markey Cancer Center Oncogenomics Shared Resource Facility (OG SRF) in any publications that result from the use of services or information received through the MCC OG SRF. Please use the following statement to acknowledge the OG SRF.
“This research was supported by the Oncogenomics Shared Resource Facility of the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center (P30CA177558).”