The UK Markey Cancer Center Precision Medicine Clinic (PMC) is a clinic space dedicated to the advancement of treatment options for cancer patients through early phase clinical trials. Our clinic is partnered with the National Cancer Institute (NCI), among other cancer organizations, that provides the PMC access to numerous early phase drug options for our patients.
Because precision medicine is a relatively new approach to treating cancer, many of the therapies are still being studied in clinical trials. As a collaborative extension of your care, the clinic provides a space for you to receive your treatment, with staff highly experienced in precision medicine, treatment of cancer and clinical trials.
Through these trials, the PMC offers many cancer treatment services, including:
- Infusion therapy, treatment delivered intravenously (IV).
- Targeted therapy, treatment that works based on a patient’s genetics.
- Immunotherapy, treatment that works with a patient’s immune system.
- Oral cancer therapies, treatment patients can take by mouth at home, making treatment more convenient and accessible.
Outside physicians may refer their patients to one of the trials available at the UK Markey Cancer Center PMC using our online web form or by downloading our full referral form to be sent by fax or email.
Precision Medicine ClinicSecond Floor, Suite HX200, Room HX 235
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion HFax: 859-257-0100800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536Monday - Friday: 7:00 am-7:00 pm
Take the A elevators to the second floor of Pavilion H. The clinic is located in Suite HX200, across from the elevators.
On your first visit, you will meet with a clinician and undergo a clinical-trial assessment to find the right trial for you and your cancer. The clinician may ask our Molecular Tumor Board to provide guidance on treatment options for your cancer.
After you are enrolled in the clinical trial, you will receive your treatments and be monitored, if necessary, in the Precision Medicine Clinic.
- Jill Kolesar, PharmD, MS, Co-Director of the Precision Medicine Clinic
- Rachel W. Miller, MD, Co-Director of the Precision Medicine Clinic
- Susanne M. Arnold, MD, Associate Director for Clinical Translation
- Jeri Z. Reynolds, RN, BSN, CCRC, Research Nurse Manager