The Markey Cancer Center Clinical Research Organization is working to move advanced treatments into mainstream cancer management.
A principal target of the Markey Cancer Center strategic plan is the movement of advanced treatments into the mainstream of cancer management. The MCC Clinical Research Organization facilitates this process.
The Markey Cancer Center is a full-member institute in multiple cooperative clinical trials groups of the National Cancer Institute, including:
- Alliance (Cancer and Leukemia Group B [CALGB], American College of Surgeons Oncology Group [ACOSOG], and North Central Cancer Treatment Group [NCCTG])
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG)
- NRG Oncology (National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project [NSABP], the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group [RTOG], and the Gynecologic Oncology Group [GOG])
- Pediatric Oncology Group
- Southwest Oncology Group
- National Clinical Trials Network
If you are an investigator who would like to initiate a trial, use the following links for more information and resources:
- Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee – Look here for instructions to initiating a trial in OnCore
- Investigator Initiated Trial Protocol Development Unit
- Clinical Research fee structure (PDF, 92 KB)
This site provides information, news and a search form for current cancer clinical trials.
This site provides regularly updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
This commercial site contains a listing of industry and government-sponsored clinical trials (not all specific to oncology) from 875 clinical research centers and 600 companies. It also lists new drug therapies recently approved by the FDA.
This site provides a descriptive listing of all current trials, results/publications, news/bulletins and announcements.
A large database of pancreatic cancer clinical trials, composed of almost 370 trials in more than a thousand locations throughout the world. The site also has updated news and archives on this topic.
- Search ongoing trials here at Markey.
- Have any questions? Watch videos covering all of the clinical trial basics.
The Markey Cancer Center Research Network (MCCRN) is an alliance of doctors conducting clinical research studies in the prevention, early detection and treatment of cancers. The MCCRN conducts studies initiated by our own doctors and scientists as well as national studies available through the Markey Cancer Center’s membership in the National Cancer Institute’s National Clinical Trials Network.
The network provides innovative research studies, support and education for our research centers and thorough quality assurance so our studies meet the highest ethical standards.
For more information, visit the full MCC Research Network webpage here.