For minor children and dependent adults
If you are the personal representative (for example, parent, legal guardian, attorney-in-fact) of a UK HealthCare patient, you may request access to the patient’s health information via the My UKHealthCare patient portal. This is known as proxy access.
Note: KRS 214.185 allows minors, in certain situations, to be treated without parental/guardian consent. Under HIPAA 45 CFR 164.502, this sometimes prevents UK HealthCare from releasing information to the parent/guardian. To follow these laws, UK HealthCare does not update the patient portal accounts of patients ages 12 to 18. Once a child reaches his or her 12th birthday, no new information is added to the portal account, although information that appeared in the account before age 12 will remain available. On the patient’s 18th birthday all proxy access will end. The patient may request his or her own access at that time.
To request proxy access, print this form and fill it out. Options for returning the form to us are listed at the bottom. Note that proxy access is granted strictly at the discretion of UK HealthCare and may be revoked at any time.
You must complete a separate form for each patient for whom you are requesting proxy access. Once we receive your email address, look for an email from “Follow My Health.” Follow the easy 1-2-3 directions in the email to set up the account.
Download the Patient Portal Proxy Form
Medical documentation will be available up to the age of 12; new updates will not be added to the accounts of patients ages 12 to 18.
For patients between the ages of 0 (birth) and 11 years 364 days, proxy account holders can use the My UKHealthCare portal to:
- Send a secure email message to the child’s care team.
- Request prescription renewals 24 hours a day, not just when our offices are open.
- Request, cancel or reschedule appointments.
- Pay bills online.
- View and print lab test results, radiology reports and office visit summaries.
- Get health maintenance reminders.
- View and print the child’s immunization record and allergy information.
- See provider notes from the child’s clinic visits and discharge summaries for any hospital stays.
- View and print hospital discharge instructions.
For patients age 12 to 18 years, proxy account holders can:
- Access health record information pertaining to the child before age 12. No new medical information is added once the child turns 12.
- Pay bills online.
- Send a secure email message to the child’s care team, as long as the patient had an established relationship with that provider before turning 12.
- Request prescription renewals if the patient had an established relationship with that provider before turning 12 years old.
- Cancel a pre-existing appointment if it was scheduled before age 12.
- View and print past results, radiology reports and office visit summaries.
- View and print past immunization records and allergies.
- View and print past provider’s notes from clinic visits and discharge summaries for hospital stays.
- View and print past discharge instructions.
When the patient turns 18 years old:
- All proxy access will end.
- The patient may request his or her own access and create a new account.
***For information on how to obtain copies of medical records for patients between ages 12 and 18, the parent or legal guardian may contact UK HealthCare’s Health Information Management office at 859-323-5117. ***
If you have any questions, please visit or call our Health Information Management office.