Our team approach
The UK Urologic Oncology team includes multiple oncology specialists with a broad range of expertise in cancer care and treatment. Our team provides expertise and offers patients personalized care and treatment plans suited for their needs.
Our team leads the region in the care of patients with urologic cancers, specializing in the comprehensive multidisciplinary care for the treatment of kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular, penile and adrenal malignancies. In addition to offering complex surgical management of these malignancies, including robotic and laparoscopic/minimally invasive surgery, they provide advanced medical and radiation therapies. The team of surgical, medical and radiation oncologists work to develop a personalized treatment plan for each individual patient.
University of Kentucky’s Markey Cancer Center, Kentucky’s only NCI-designated Cancer Center, continues to be a leader in clinical cancer care and cancer research. In 2019, Markey was designated as the No. 33 ranked cancer hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Markey was first designated as a Top 50 Cancer Center in 2017.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), there is an 81% five-year relative survival rate among stage I kidney cancer patients.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of kidney cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the multidisciplinary clinic on the first floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- After registering at the front desk, a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)