On this page, you can keep up with all the latest news on the Appalachian Career Training in Oncology (ACTION) Program. Find the latest articles and Talking FACS podcasts with Nathan L. Vanderford, PhD, MBA below.
For more information, visit the About page to learn more about the program's goals, plan, outreach efforts and more, as well as additional pages for information on the ACTION Program itself and its cohorts.
- Markey Announces First Cohort of High School Students for ACTION Program, May 7, 2019
- UK Ag, Markey Team Up for Podcast Miniseries on Cancer, May 2, 2019
- Nathan Vanderford Interview with Eastern Standard on NPR, May 2, 2019
- New NCI Grant Expands ACTION Program to High Schoolers, November 26, 2018
- Training Kentucky's Next Generation of Cancer Fighters, March 5, 2018
- UK program to train Appalachian undergraduates to fight cancer, July 27, 2016
UK Markey Cancer Center Assistant Director for Research Dr. Nathan Vanderford will also be featured on an ongoing podcast series Talking FACS. Episodes of Talking FACS are available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify, and will be released each Thursday. Find the latest episodes below.