In addition to the book The Cancer Crisis in Appalachia, the ACTION Program is releasing an accompanying podcast. This podcast features the student authors of the book, with each episode diving deeper into their story about their experiences with cancer.
You can visit the podcast home on Podbean or choose from one of the available episodes in the playlist below.
UK Markey Cancer Center Assistant Director for Research and Director of the ACTION Program Dr. Nathan Vanderford was featured on podcast series Talking FACS, highlighting various cancer topics. All episodes are available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
Find the full episodes featuring Dr. Vanderford below, and visit our Cancer Conversations webpage for the latest cancer-related podcast episodes.
- Nathan Vanderford, PhD, MBA discusses new book from ACTION Program students with Eastern Standard on NPR, February 27, 2020
- Markey's ACTION Program Announces New Book, February 19, 2020
- New Study Examines Ways to Improve Cancer Literacy in Kentucky Students, February 11, 2020
- Markey's ACTION Program Hosts Inaugural Summer Residential Program, August 13, 2019
- Markey Announces First Cohort of High School Students for ACTION Program, May 7, 2019
- UK Ag, Markey Team Up for Podcast Miniseries on Cancer, May 2, 2019
- Nathan Vanderford Interview with Eastern Standard on NPR, May 2, 2019
- New NCI Grant Expands ACTION Program to High Schoolers, November 26, 2018
- Training Kentucky's Next Generation of Cancer Fighters, March 5, 2018
- UK program to train Appalachian undergraduates to fight cancer, July 27, 2016