General Information for Hospital Visitors
This page includes information for visitors to UK HealthCare Albert B. Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children’s Hospital, Markey Cancer Center and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- Visiting hours
- Hospital Information Desk
- Facilities & parking
- Additional visitor information
- Resources & information for visitors
Hospital Visiting Hours
8 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily
Hospital Information Desk
You can reach the Hospital Information Desk at 859-323-5816. Information Desk staff can verify patient appointments, locate patient rooms, transfer calls to inpatient nursing stations and provide general information about UK HealthCare.
Please review and follow our current COVID guidelines and behavioral expectation guidelines. You can download our behavioral expectation guidelines below.
Facilities & parking
1000 South Limestone (UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A & Kentucky Children’s Hospital)
This facility includes:
- UK Chandler Hospital (Pavilion A)
- UK Gill Heart & Vascular Institute (Pavilion G)
- UK Chandler Adult Emergency Department
- Makenna David Pediatric Emergency Center
- Kentucky Children’s Hospital (KCH)
800 Rose Street (UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion H)
This facility includes:
- UK Chandler Hospital (Pavilion H)
- UK Markey Cancer Center – Ben Roach Building (Pavilion CC)
- UK Markey Cancer Center – Whitney-Hendrickson Building (Pavilion WH)
- UK College of Dentistry Building
Parking for 1000 South Limestone and 800 Rose Street
Parking for UK Chandler Hospital and Kentucky Children’s Hospital is located at 110 Transcript Ave., the main healthcare parking garage.
- This parking garage is connected to UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A (walkway on Level C of the garage).
- Free shuttles are available on Level A.
- There is a fee for parking. Parking is 75 cents an hour up to $6 maximum upon exit.
- Extended parking passes are available in the parking office on Level A of this garage. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call the parking office at 859-257-5757.
- There is limited free parking near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building (off Huguelet Drive) for our outpatient Markey Cancer patients.
740 South Limestone (Kentucky Clinic)
This facility includes Kentucky Clinic.
Parking for 740 South Limestone
Parking for Kentucky Clinic is located at 140 Huguelet Drive (Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage).
Patients may park in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage, adjacent to the clinic, or in the UK HealthCare Parking Garage (110 Transcript Ave.), directly across South Limestone from UK Chandler Hospital. From Level A of the hospital garage, you can ride a free shuttle to Kentucky Clinic.
310 South Limestone (Good Samaritan Hospital)
- UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital
- Good Samaritan Emergency Department
- Near Good Samaritan, across Maxwell Street, are:
- 125 E. Maxwell St.: UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building (MOB)
- 135 E. Maxwell St.: UK Good Samaritan Professional Arts Center (PAC)
Parking for 310 South Limestone
Parking for UK Good Samaritan Hospital is located at 310 S. Limestone (Good Samaritan Parking Garage).
- Patients may park in the Good Samaritan Parking Garage, adjacent to the hospital. Parking here is free for any UK HealthCare patient and visitor.
- There is limited free parking at both the Medical Office Building and Professional Arts Center for UK HealthCare patients.
Additional visitor information
Partners in Care
Partner(s) in Care are defined and designated by each patient and should be defined at the beginning of the patient’s stay at UK HealthCare, if possible. Partner(s) in Care can include: spouse, domestic partner, family member or friend. Partner(s) in Care provide emotional support and comfort and help provide important information to the healthcare team about the patient. Partner(s) in Care are welcome 24 hours a day at the patient’s request. The healthcare team may encourage Partner(s) in Care to go home to rest at times, however, Kentucky Children’s Hospital encourages parents and/or guardians to stay and participate in care 24 hours a day.
Family & friends
Family and friends are considered guests; they are not the same as Partner(s) in Care. Guests are encouraged to visit during the hospital visitation hours of 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week. In certain areas of the hospital, such as Intensive Care Units, the Birthing Center or the Emergency Department, visiting hours may be limited. Please check at the nurses’ station before visiting.
- Please limit visitors to no more than two at a time in the patient’s room.
- UK HealthCare does not restrict or deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. We know that having family, friends and loved ones close by can be comforting. For the rest and safety of our patients, however, visitors should always check with the nurses’ station before visiting a patient.
Safety & courtesy rules
- Visitors must follow our policies, including our COVID-19 policies and behavioral expectations. Failure to follow policies and guidelines could result in visitation privileges being revoked. Please see our current COVID guidelines and download our behavioral expectation guidelines.
- UK HealthCare is a drug-free and weapon-free campus. Weapons, concealed or otherwise, are not permitted on UK HealthCare property unless carried by a sworn officer of the law. Tobacco use is prohibited on the grounds and in the parking areas and garages of UK HealthCare facilities.
- Wash your hands when entering and leaving a patient’s room. Alcohol hand gel is available near the door of every patient room.
- Visitors who are disruptive or who otherwise violate these policies may be asked to leave the premises.
- Avoid wearing perfume or other types of fragrances and scents, as some patients and staff are sensitive to them.
- As a courtesy to others, please limit cell phone use in patient rooms.
- For the safety of all patients, we ask that children under the age of 10 be supervised by an adult at all times.
- All latex balloons are prohibited in UK HealthCare buildings. Appropriate balloons are available for purchase in our gift shops.
- Flowers are prohibited on certain units (especially Intensive Care Units). Please call ahead before trying to bring flowers into the hospital.
- Please do not bring in pillows, blankets and comforters from home. Because this is a hospital and shared by many, it is important that we reduce sources of infection and the possible spread of illness. We will provide Partner(s) in Care with any linens they may require during their stay.
- We ask that patients limit food brought in from outside the hospital. UK HealthCare offers many food options. Patients should refer to their healthcare team to understand their diet and options during their stay. Note: Delivery personnel cannot enter healthcare buildings and/or take food up to patient’s floors/rooms.
- UK HealthCare is a drug-free and weapon-free campus. Note: Our Emergency Department Entrances currently conduct metal detecting screening for all patients and visitors.
Resources & information for visitors
UK HealthCare Patient Guides
View and download our UK HealthCare Patient Guides:
- Information Desk staff can verify patient appointments, locate patient rooms, transfer calls to nursing stations, and provide general information about UK HealthCare.
- Any health information given over the phone from the nursing team can be limited. If you are calling to check on a family member or friend, you must know the patient's last name and date of birth/age.
- Reminder that patient information is private and patients have the option of asking that no information be given out.
UK Police Department/Security
Uniformed security officers are available 24 hours a day. If at any time you feel concerned about your safety, please ask a healthcare team member to assist you with contacting security services.
Food & lodging
You’ll find many dining options and places to stay near the UK HealthCare campus.
Our chaplains are always available to provide pastoral care services.
Free patient shuttles are available for all UKHC patients and guests.
Free wi-fi and internet access
Free wi-fi (wireless internet access) is available throughout the medical campus to visitors who have their own device with them. Visitors should use the "UK-Guest" wireless network. "UK-Guest" requires a quick and simple self-registration process. Instructions and additional information can be found here.
If you do not have a device with you, you may use the computers in the Health Education Center.