Manage your care 24/7 using our quick and easy online platform
On June 5, 2021, UK HealthCare will launch UK HealthCare MyChart, our new patient portal. (Learn how this transition will impact your UK HealthCare FollowMyHealth account.)
UK HealthCare MyChart is a secure and easy-to-use online patient portal that allows you to manage your care and access your health information any time. MyChart provides you with online access to your health record. It can help you participate in your health care and communicate with your providers.
You'll need an activation code to sign up for MyChart. You can request one online (see below) or you may receive one during a clinic visit, on a billing statement, through an email or from your primary care provider's office.
... If you have an activation code*
- Enter your activation code and personal verification items, such as your birthdate, here and follow the prompts.
- On the next page, choose your username, password and security question.
... If you don't have an activation code
- If you don’t have an activation code, you can request one online:
- Click the link and provide personal verification items, such as your Social Security number and your date of birth, and have an activation code sent to you through an email or letter.
- Once you get your code, follow the instructions for signing up with an activation code.
From your MyChart account, you will be able to:
- View your UK HealthCare health information all in one place.
- Check-in for your appointment.
- Sign documents for your visit.
- View test results (lab and radiology).
- Message your provider/care team.
- Request prescription renewals.
- Share your medical record.
- Access a family member’s MyChart account.
- Pay your bill online.
Watch the video below for a full introduction to MyChart.
Below are answers to some common questions about MyChart. Find more FAQs here.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Is there a fee to use MyChart?
MyChart is a free service offered to our patients.
Can you send me a new activation code? I have lost mine, let it expire or did not receive one.
Contact us at UKHCMyChart@uky.edu and after we verify your information, a new code will be sent via U.S. Postal Mail. Privacy issues prevent us from e-mailing a new activation code to you.
What if I don’t have a computer?
Your MyChart account can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone. You are also welcome to access the portal using a computer in our Don and Cathy Jacobs Health Education Center (HEC), in UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A near the bridge to the parking garage. The HEC staff can answer many of your questions.
If you are the personal representative (for example, parent, legal guardian, attorney-in-fact) of a UK HealthCare patient, you may request access to the patient’s health information. This is known as proxy access.
You may request proxy access via the UK HealthCare MyChart patient portal or through the UK HealthCare Health Information Management office.
Some proxy relationships require special documentation, such as power of attorney or proof of guardianship. Questions about proxy documentation requirements may be directed to the Health Information Management (HIM) office at 859-323-5117. You can also contact the HIM office through MyChart. (Select Messages from the top menu, hit the "Ask a Question” button and then select “HIM Document Question” in the dropdown menu.)
Note: KRS 214.185 allows minors, in certain situations, to be treated without parental/guardian consent. Under HIPAA 45 CFR 164.502, this sometimes prevents UK HealthCare from releasing information to the parent/guardian.