Ear cancers are often misdiagnosed as ear infections. Any unusual symptoms or ear infections that won’t go away need to be examined by an ear, nose and throat specialist, also called an otolaryngologist or ENT.
These cancers are very rare, but our surgeons have the experience that’s necessary for treating it. Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. In August 2017, Markey was designated as one of the Top 50 Cancer Centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. In 2020, Markey rose to the No. 29 ranked cancer center in the nation.
What is ear cancer?
Ear cancer affects the inner and outer parts of the ear, including:
- The skin on the part of the ear that we can see (called the pinna)
- The eardrum
- The ear canal
- Ear bone, or temporal bone
Ear Cancer Symptoms
Symptoms of ear cancer may include:
- Discharge from the ear
- Ear pain
- Hearing loss
- Facial weakness
- Lump in or near the opening of the ear canal
Make an appointment
Request an appointment online or call 859-257-4488 or 866-340-4488 (toll free).
Learn more about the Head & Neck cancer team with the provider profiles below.
- Rony K. Aouad, MD
- Thomas J. Gal, MD, MPH, FACS
- Alexandra E. Kejner, MD, FACS
- Joseph Valentino, MD, FACS
- Melvyn S. Yeoh, MD, DMD, FACS
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility (Pavilion CC) of the Markey Cancer Center. Get directions to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.