The UK Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network enhances access to high-quality cancer services and programs through collaboration with community hospitals. Our vision is for Kentuckians and those from surrounding states to have access to excellent cancer care.
The Power of Working Together
We work with people you know and trust – the doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other medical staff – at local hospitals who provide excellent care in communities. If you need cancer care that is not available locally, you may be referred to Markey Cancer Center. In many cases, Markey doctors are able to work with your community doctor or oncologist locally to minimize travel.
How does Markey work with Affiliate Network hospitals?
- Provide cancer-specific education and training programs for community doctors, nurses and staff to ensure the most up-to-date cancer information is available to providers.
- Assist cancer programs in achieving and maintaining Commission on Cancer accreditation, which recognizes hospitals for achieving high-quality, comprehensive and multidisciplinary cancer care.
- Provide access to programs not available in local communities, such as genetic counseling.
Who benefits from the Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network?
Cancer patients – Patients have access to the latest, most up-to-date treatments, minimizing travel outside the area. If care is not available locally, our network hospitals may work with us to ensure patients receive the best care possible.
Families and caregivers – When treatment is available locally, families can spend more time with their loved ones and less time on the road. We provide as many resources as possible locally, so you can focus on supporting your loved one.
Local doctors – We work with your local hospital, primary care or referring doctor to coordinate cancer care before, during and after treatment. Should patients need cancer treatment in Lexington, we ensure your care is as smooth as possible.
Communities – Markey Affiliates help plan and host local activities, such as health fairs and cancer screening programs. Working together to prevent cancer is a top priority for us in Kentucky and Appalachia.
For more detail, you can check out two fact sheets about Markey Cancer Center networks:
Network Hospitals and Locations
- AdventHealth Manchester, Manchester
- Baptist Health Hardin, Elizabethtown, Ky.
- Clark Regional Medical Center, Winchester
- Georgetown Community Hospital, Georgetown
- Harlan ARH Hospital, Harlan
- Harrison Memorial Hospital, Cynthiana
- Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center, Hazard
- Highlands ARH Regional Medical Center, Prestonsburg
- King's Daughter's Medical Center, Ashland
- Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital, Somerset
- Mercy Health - Lourdes Hospital, Paducah
- Middlesboro ARH Hospital, Middlesboro
- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, Owensboro
- Rockcastle Regional Hospital, Mt. Vernon
- St. Claire Regional Medical Center, Morehead
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood
- Taylor Regional Hospital, Campbellsville
- The Medical Center at Bowling Green, Bowling Green
- TJ Samson Community Hospital, Glasgow
- Tug Valley ARH Regional Medical Center, South Williamson
Medical Director: Dr. Timothy Mullett, MD
Administrative Director: Cheri Tolle, MAEd, CHES
Quality Assurance and Education: Susan Reffett, MSN, RN, CNOR (E)
For more information on the Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network, please contact Beverly Arthur at 859-323-0285 or email@example.com