As Kentucky’s only NCI-designated cancer center, the UK Markey Cancer Center has many qualities that remind patients, families and referring physicians that they are in good hands.
Markey’s cancer specialty teams work together with UK Chandler Hospital to provide primary patient care and support services. A center-wide emphasis on communication and collaboration allows Markey to operate at a high level and return patients back to their communities.
Along with a focus on teamwork, Markey looks toward the future of cancer care by developing treatments and new clinical trials. Markey has more open clinical trials than any other cancer center in the region, and offers patients access to clinical trials in multiple locations in Kentucky and West Virginia, serving the people of Kentucky and Appalachia close to home.
Markey is proud to be designated as one of the Top 50 Cancer Centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Frequently used links
- UK•MDs - The UK medical contact center provides convenient, customer-friendly access to UK HealthCare services for consumers and referring physicians.
- Precision Medicine Center Referral - Learn more about the Precision Medicine Center and submitting a patient's case.
- Molecular Tumor Board Referral - Learn more about the Molecular Tumor Board and submitting a patient's case.
- Clinical Genetic Counseling Referral Guidelines
- Clinical Trials - Learn how clinical trials help researchers do the type of research that can help heal Kentuckians and move the entire state forward.
- Hematology/BMT Referral Form - Refer your patients to Markey's Hematology and BMT Clinic using the attached form. Please fax completed forms to 859-323-5822.
Physician Liaison – Our physician liaison is available to meet with physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants and their staff throughout the region to discuss referrals. To be connected to a physician liaison, please contact Liz Robertson at 859-323-0736.
Here you will find trusted resources for physicians looking for helpful information about tried-and-true cancer practices. Visit the clinical resources below for more.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Resources for Health Professionals - Find evidence-based information about cancer as well as educational information and training tools from the National Cancer Institute.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) - The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a not-for-profit alliance of leading cancer centers devoted to patient care, research, and education, is dedicated to improving the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives.
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) - The Commission on Cancer (CoC), a program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS), recognizes cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality, and multidisciplinary patient centered care.
- Pubmed - This version of MedLine includes citations and abstracts on such topics as microbiology, delivery of health care, nutrition, pharmacology, and environmental health.
The UK Markey Cancer Center places great value in collaboration and innovation in cancer care. As a result, Markey directs two collaborative networks: the Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network and Markey Cancer Center Research Network.