Pilot Funding Opportunities
The following pilot funding opportunities are available through the Markey Cancer Center. The list below will be updated when specific due dates for each program become available. Calls for applications and letters of intent are announced two to three months before the application due date. Contact Jennifer Bybee (email@example.com) for more information.
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant awards - typically up to two rounds of funding per year; applications generally due in the spring and fall. The next rounds of funding for 2021 are indicated below.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv by the beginning of January.
- Deadline for application submissions: February 25, 2021.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by the end of April.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv by mid-June.
- Deadline for application submissions: August 10, 2021.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by mid-September.
- The Markey STRONG Scholars Program -The Markey Science Training in Research, Oncology, Networking and professional Growth (STRONG) Scholars Program is funded by the American Cancer Society (ACS) to support Diversity in Cancer Research (DICR). The program will run 10 weeks from June 1 to August 6, 2021. Participants will receive a stipend of $5,000 ($500 per week), a personalized mentored research experience, strong networking opportunities and fundamental education in cancer biology and clinical care.
- Additional questions regarding this opportunity can be addressed to:
- Cancer Center Support Grant Pilot awards - one round of funding per year, generally due in the spring. Full applications are invited from approved letters of intent and are limited to Markey Cancer Center members.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv by December 17, 2020.
- Research program leaders will nominate applicants, who will submit their LOIs by February 10, 2020.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by the end of May.
- MCC / UNITE Research Priority Area award - one round of funding planned for 2021. These projects will be supported jointly by the cancer center and the UNITE Research Priority Area and focused on projects that will help better understand and prevent cancer, detect cancer early, and/or manage cancer treatment more accurately and effectively among racial/ethnic minority populations.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv on May 5, 2021.
- Deadline for application submission: June 30, 2021.
- The expected start date for thee awards is October 2, 2021.
Learn more about other pilot opportunities with the programs below: