These medications can stop the growth of cancer cells or kill cancer cells.
Immunotherapy drugs use a patient’s immune system to help fight cancer.
Many early-stage cancers may require only radiation therapy. Radiation therapy sends external beams through your body to destroy the cancer. Learn more about our services by visiting our Radiation Oncology website.
We have specialized equipment that allows our surgeons to perform precision robotic surgery for many throat cancers.
It can be hard to see areas of the throat in traditional surgery without large incisions. Robotic surgery allows us to operate with fewer incisions. Our surgeons use very small instruments and 3D images so they can see into and reach parts of the throat that are difficult to access.
Robotic surgery also:
- Lessens the need for reconstructive surgery
- Lowers the risk of side effects
- Reduces recovery time
Surgery options include:
- Reconstructing parts of the throat so patients can swallow food
- Removing lymph nodes if cancer has spread to other parts of the neck
- Resectioning to remove affected parts of the throat
- Scraping away small cancers