On June 5, 2021, we will transition our Provider Portal 2.0 to UK HealthCare EpicCare Link. Current users of Provider Portal 2.0 will automatically be rolled over into EpicCare Link and do not need to complete a new application.
New user applications received after March 1 and before May 1, 2021, will not have access to the current provider portal; however, they will be ready for the launch of EpicCare Link on June 5. Applications received after May 1 will be put in a queue to be built after go-live on June 5. The current Provider Portal 2.0 will be shut down effective September 2021.
If you don’t have a current application on file, please submit one as soon as possible so you will be able to take advantage of the many benefits of EpicCare Link, such as:
- Secure, convenient access to patient information through a variety of browsers with no software to install or hardware to maintain.
- Free, view-only access to important information about your patient’s care at UK HealthCare, including discharge summaries, consult and operative reports, imaging, lab results, immunizations, medications and much more.
- Electronic referrals with no need to phone or fax. If a provider does not have a completed portal application on file, staff will not be able to create online referrals. Existing online systems for referrals will be discontinued by September 2021.
- View of upcoming appointments and referral status.
- Notifications about events such as inpatient admissions, discharges and emergency room encounters.
- Submittal of certain lab and imaging orders.
New users can access the EpicCare Link application here. Once paperwork is complete, fax it to 859-257-4148 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training materials and additional details on the EpicCare Link launch will be announced later.
- All information provided through this portal is considered protected health information (PHI) and proprietary of UK HealthCare. All portal users are required to follow HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Secure access to this portal is granted by UK HealthCare IT Security and may be revoked at any time. All portal users are assigned a unique access, those granted access must never share login identification and passwords with anyone. This includes providers sharing access information with their staff.
- Portal use shall be limited to the medical records of the provider's patients. All accounts are monitored and assessed for non-job related access. Users access will be revoked for violations of this requirement. Organizations with a pattern of non-compliant users may have the access for their whole organization revoked.
- Notify the Physician Liaison office at 859-323-0736 or email Liz Robertson when locations, providers or users change so we may keep our records and access permissions up to date. Please also notify the Physician Liaison Office immediately if you suspect any abuse of user privileges.
Not all patient information is available on this portal. Please use the numbers below to contact Health Information Management (Medical Records) for any additional information required.
- UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital: Call 859-323-5117 or fax 859-257-1347
- UK Good Samaritan Hospital: Call 859-226-7033 or fax 859-226-7037
- Kentucky Clinic: Call 859-323-5561 or fax 859-257-7228
- Image Records Center (Referred Patients Only): 859-323-5416
- Dentistry: Call 859-323-6675
- High Risk OB Ultrasound: Call 859-323-0430
- Gill Heart & Vascular Institute Cath Lab: Call 859-323-5117
- Ophthalmology/Advanced Eye Care: Call 859-218-2606 or fax 859-323-8510
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Medical Center: Call 859-268-5648
Unable to Log in to Your Account?
Passwords will automatically expire every 90 days and you must follow the following steps to change your password.
- Please visit the Account Manager.
- Once the Account Manager loads you will have two options: "Returning User" or "Forgot Password".
While you are logged in to your account manager please review your account to ensure you have Account Recovery Notifications enabled. If not, it is recommended you enable these in case you forget your password in the future.Please also set up DuoFactor Two Factor Authorization. If you need help with this please contact the UKHC IT Service Desk at 859-323-8586.
If you know your last password:
- Select “Returning User”.
- Enter your LinkBlue ID and your last/current password. Click “Login”.
- If you have previously set up two-factor login, you will be asked to confirm your identity by either entering a code that is texted to your phone by approving a push notification on your phone.
- If you have not previously set up two-factor login please contact the UKHC IT Service Desk at 859-323-8586 to receive a temporary passcode. Once in your account, click on the two-factor login tab and click on add a device. You will be prompted to enter your cell phone and select the SMS/Text option.
- Select "Change Password"
- Enter your Current Password, New Password, Confirm Password.
- Click "Change".
If you DO NOT know your last password:
- Select “Forgot Password”.
- Enter your LinkBlue ID.
- Click “I’m not a robot”. It may require that you select images. Click “Next”.
- When it says “Password Reset Method”, choose any of the available options “Cell Phone or Email or Duo Two-Factor Challenge”.
- If none of these options are available, please contact the UKHC IT Service Desk at 859-323-8586.
- Follow the menu prompts.
- Enter your New Password, Confirm New Password, click "Change".
To enable account recovery notifications:
After logging in to your account manager, please ensure that you have a cell phone and an external email address set up. If you do not:
- Next to "Mobile Device Number" click "Change", enter your cell number. It will send you a text message with a code you will need to enter to confirm your cell.
- Next to "External Email Address" click "Change", enter your email address. It will send you an email with a code you will need to enter to confirm your email.
Once you have changed your password please use INTERNET EXPLORER and click here to log on to the new portal.
Due to the upcoming launch of UK HealthCare EpicCare Link (June 5th) we are no longer offering portal webinars. However, if you need training on the Provider Portal 2.0, please contact Liz Robertson at email@example.com or 859-323-0736.
Training information on UK HealthCare EpicCare Link will be coming soon.
If your practice refers patients to UK HealthCare, you may request access to the UK Provider Portal 2.0.
- To request access, you must complete all 3 pages. For optimal use of the UK Provider Portal 2.0, all providers within the practice must have an account. All non-clinical users must have a provider with current portal access approve their access request form.
- Once the paperwork is complete you can fax, 859-257-4148 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be emailed your login credentials upon account completion.
Download the UK Provider Portal Form (PDF, 2.4 MB)
Please visit our account manager at https://ukam.uky.edu/ and select “New Employee Wizard.”
Call the UKHC IT Service Desk at 859-323-8586. Please let them know you are setting up your account for the first time for the UK HealthCare Referring Provider Portal. They will issue you a temporary passcode. Please note that the passcode will expire 15 minutes after IT issues it.
Enter your UK ID # provided on the attached login sheet and the temporary passcode provided to you by IT.
It will bring you to a page on the left that says “Get Started”. Click on the “Next” button.
You will then set up your two-factor log-in information. Click on “Add Device”. You will be prompted to enter your cell phone number. Select the SMS/Text Option.
You will then enter a new password twice. It will give you a list of requirements for your password. Your new password must be a minimum of 8 characters minimum and must contain at least one of the following: Upper Case letter, Lower Case Letter, Digit, and a Special Character or Punctuation. You cannot have more than 2 identical characters in a row and the password cannot contain your first name, middle name, last name or username. Once you have entered your new password twice, click “Save Password”.
Under the “Account Recovery and Notifications” section set up your cell phone and external email address so you will have additional ways to get into your account if you forget your password in the future
After you have set up your account, using Internet Explorer 11 please return to the homepage, http://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/providerportal
Select the “Log in to portal” button.
You will then use your user ID and new password to login at the DBMotion screen. Domain should remain as MC.
Computer Requirements: You must use Internet Explorer 11. Microsoft Silverlight must be installed for all Internet Explorer browsers. Adobe PDF or Adobe PDF Reader is required.
Download the Provider Portal 2.0 Manual for Steps (PDF, 3.3 MB) » Download the Provider Portal 2.0 ED Manual for Steps (PDF, 2.3 MB) »