In the UK Markey Cancer Center, our team provides patients provided care customized to fit their needs. Our program offers the latest in chemotherapy, radiation therapy, interventional therapy treatments and more.
Our team approach
The UK Markey Cancer Center has launched the first regional multidisciplinary clinic dedicated to neuroendocrine tumors of all grades.
Because their overall incidence is rare, these tumors present some unique diagnostic and therapeutic challenges. Our multidisciplinary approach to treatment incorporates chemotherapy, radiation therapy and interventional therapy.
The team-based approach, stressing individualized care, patient education and research, is expected to result in better care for patients, improving both their prognosis and their quality of life.
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. In August 2017, Markey was designated as one of the Top 50 Cancer Centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. In 2020, Markey rose to the No. 29 ranked cancer center in the nation.
Read more information about carcinoid and neuroendocrine tumors by visiting the Carcinoid Cancer Foundation website.
The five-year survival rate for neuroendocrine tumors is about 60%. The survival rate is much higher when the tumor is discovered early, before it has the opportunity to spread to the lymph nodes or distant parts of the body.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of neuroendocrine tumor treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the multidisciplinary clinic on the first floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)