In the UK Markey Cancer Center’s Multidisciplinary Clinic, bone cancer patients are provided care customized to fit their needs. Our clinic offers expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of bone tumors, soft tissue bones and metastatic diseases of bone. In August 2018, Markey was designated as one of the nation’s Top 50 Cancer Centers by U.S. News & World Report. Markey was first designated as a Top 50 Cancer Center in 2017.
Our team approach
The UK Markey Cancer Center is proud to be one of only two programs treating bone cancer in the state. The Bone Oncology team treats both pediatric and adult patients suffering from bone and soft tissue tumors along with tumor-like conditions affecting the bone system.
In addition to clinical care, this unique team of physicians and researchers is currently pursuing research in cancer immunotherapy, advanced tumor imaging, biomedical engineering of sarcoma-like substances and clinical trials – all dedicated toward improved patient-centered care.
For all cases among adults and children, the five year survival rate for bone cancer patients is about 70 percent, according to the American Cancer Society.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of bone cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care Center on the second floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
- Genetic counseling and testing services are available to answer questions about your family history.
- Visit our Events Calendar for support group details, integrative medicine and Cancer Center events.
- Learn more about Markey Cancer Center Support Services.
- NCI Bone Cancer Patient Overview
- American Cancer Society Resources
UK Markey Cancer CenterFirst Floor,Whitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)