At the Markey Comprehensive Breast Care Center, we understand that each breast cancer patient we see is unique. You need a personal treatment plan that’s right for you. Our team of breast cancer experts works together to diagnose, treat and prevent breast cancer—and we do it all in one location to make it easier for you.
The Comprehensive Breast Care Center is an accredited facility in Radiation Oncology, Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Breast MRI, and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy. Our center was also named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
Our team approach
Outstanding cancer care requires unparalled team. Our specialists in medical oncology, radiation medicine, diagnostic mammography, pathology, and plastic and reconstructive surgery all work and consult together to deliver you the most effective treatments. Plus we have the region’s only team of breast fellowship-trained surgeons, who specialize in caring for the unique needs of breast cancer patients.
Breast cancer care from one of the nation's top hospitals
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. For the last five years, Markey Cancer Center has been nationally recognized as a top 50 cancer center by U.S. News and World Report.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival. Learn more about a clinical trial proposed by Markey’s Breast Translational Group that could create a major impact on the way triple-negative breast cancers are treated.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of breast cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
One convenient location
We offer all of our services in one convenient location. You can get mammograms, biopsies, doctor appointments, and breast cancer treatments all in one place at the UK Markey Cancer Center here in Lexington.
A patient's perspective: Mother continues daughter’s fight to raise breast cancer awareness
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care Center on the second floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
- Genetic counseling and testing services are available to answer questions about your family history.
- Local options for wigs, head coverings, post-mastectomy bras and more.
- Visit our events calendar for support group details, integrative medicine and Cancer Center events.
Breast cancer overviews
Comprehensive Breast Care Center
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536Fax 859-323-6109
Diagnostic Technologies: Diagnostic Mammography, Tomosynthesis, US
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky101 Town and Country Lane
Hazard, KY 41701