At the Comprehensive Breast Care Center, patients are provided care customized to fit their needs. Our comprehensive center offers the latest in mammography technology, including breast tomosynthesis, which is also known as 3D mammography. In August 2018, Markey was designated as one of the Top 50 Cancer Centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. Markey was first designated as a Top 50 Cancer Center in 2017.
The Comprehensive Breast Care Center is an accredited facility in Radiation Oncology, Mammography, Breast Ultrasound, Breast MRI, and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy. Our center was also named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
Our team approach
Male and female breast cancer patients are evaluated by a team consisting of specialists from surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation medicine, diagnostic mammography, pathology, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. Our specialists work together in a single location to provide timely and accurate care, from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment planning.
Breast cancer is the second most common cancer among women in the United States, after only skin cancer. Markey currently has an 80 percent five-year survival rate among breast cancer patients, a number that our specialists are proud of and strive to improve on with their work each day.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival. Learn more about a clinical trial proposed by Markey’s Breast Translational Group that could create a major impact on the way triple-negative breast cancers are treated.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of breast cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
A patient's perspective: Mother continues daughter’s fight to raise breast cancer awareness
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Comprehensive Breast Cancer Care Center on the second floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
- Genetic counseling and testing services are available to answer questions about your family history.
- Local options for wigs, head coverings, post-mastectomy bras and more.
- Visit our events calendar for support group details, integrative medicine and Cancer Center events.
Breast cancer overviews
Comprehensive Breast Care Center
UK Markey Cancer CenterSecond Floor,Whitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-323-6109
Diagnostic Technologies: Diagnostic Mammography, Tomosynthesis, US
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)
UK Markey Cancer CenterGround Floor,Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-257-4931
For non-emergency emails: Lisa.Disponett@uky.eduDining
Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky101 Town and Country Lane
Hazard KY 41701Fax 606-439-1400