The UK HealthCare Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Oncology Rehabilitation Program provides specialized medical care for cancer patients who want to improve their general well-being. The goal of this program is to improve quality of life for patients and their families by managing physical impairments, overseeing personalized rehabilitation programs and providing medical follow-up.
Oncology rehabilitation is appropriate for patients of all ages and any stage of illness, and it can be provided alongside curative treatment.
In the Oncology Rehabilitation Program, we aim to reinforce the patient-centered mission of the UK Markey Cancer Center by providing services that complement the work of medical and surgical oncology providers.
Our staff provides personalized care to patients during all stages of cancer treatment and recovery. Oncology rehabilitation helps patients return to their previous level of independence and quality of life.
In addition to oncology rehabilitation practices, we can perform diagnostic assessments and procedures to evaluate a patient. These might include:
- Prescription, administration and supervision of rehabilitation therapies
- Functional evaluations and optimization
- Electrodiagnostic and nerve conduction studies
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided soft tissue injections
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral joint injections (and aspiration) for small, intermediate and major joints
- Osteopathic manipulation/mobilization
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (outpatient)
UK Good Samaritan Hospital310 S. Limestone
Lexington, KY 40508Fax 859-323-0096
Oncology Rehabilitation Program
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536Thursday: 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am-12:00 pm
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.