In the UK Markey Cancer Center, more than 450 thyroid cancer patients a year are provided care customized to fit their needs. Our program offers the latest in surgery, nuclear medicine therapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy treatments and more.
Our team approach
The Thyroid Cancer Program includes physicians, nurses and researchers from multiple specialties. Patients with tumors of the thyroid gland are seen in a comfortable, supportive environment. Treatment options include thyroid surgery, nuclear medicine therapy, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Our team works together providing each member’s individual expertise to offer patients personalized treatment plans suited for their needs.
Most patients do very well with standard therapies; however, this multidiscipline expert practice is able to effectively treat all patients, even those that require innovative therapy or participation in clinical trials.
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. For the last five years, Markey Cancer Center has been nationally recognized as a top 50 cancer center by U.S. News and World Report.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of thyroid cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments for the future.
Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the Head, Neck and Respiratory Multidisciplinary Clinic on the 2nd floor of the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility (Pavilion CC). Directions to the Ben F. Roach Cancer Care Facility.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you to your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your medication list, doctors’ names/addresses and patient packet with completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building125 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington, KY 40508