In the UK Markey Cancer Center, the Gynecologic Oncology Team provides patients with care customized to fit their needs. Our program offers the latest in surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy treatments, and more.
Our team approach
The Gynecologic Oncology Team includes physicians, nurses and researchers from multiple specialties. Patients are seen in a comfortable, supportive environment. Our team works together providing each member’s individual expertise to offer patients personalized treatment plans suited for their needs.
Outcomes for surgically treated vulvar cancer are excellent, and when localized to the vulva, five-year survival rates exceed 85%. Regular vulvar inspection can also alert the patient or physician to the presence of pre-cancer (dysplasia) even before cancer develops. For more information on vulvar cancer survival rates, visit the American Cancer Society website.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of vulvar cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the multidisciplinary clinic on the first floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
Advanced Practice Providers
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Third Floor, Room 330A
Lexington, KY 40536Fax 859-323-1602
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)