Mautin T. Barry-Hundeyin, MD
- Markey Cancer Center
- Appendix cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Neuroendocrine cancer
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreas cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Peritoneal surface malignancies
- Hepatobiliary malignancies
- Pancreatic diseases
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Benign liver lesions (adenoma, focal nodular hyperplasia, cysts, hemangioma)
- Liver metastases
- Cholangiocarcinoma arising in the hilum (Klatskin tumor), bile duct or pancreas
- Pancreas cysts (intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm [IPMN], mucinous cystic neoplasm [MCN], serous cystadenoma)
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
- Stomach adenocarcinoma
- Small intestine adenocarcinoma
- Intra-abdominal sarcoma
- Complex or re-operative stomach, duodenal or biliary surgery
- Spleen lesions/malignancy
- Hematologic diseases requiring splenectomy
- Hepatic arterial infusion
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Hepatic arterial infusion pump (HAIP) therapy
- Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Robotic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Total, subtotal or partial gastrectomy with Bilroth I or II, or Roux-en-Y reconstruction with lymph node dissection
- Whipple procedure
- Central pancreatectomy
- Distal pancreatectomy/splenectomy
- Hepatic artery infusion pump
- Partial hepatectomy or lobectomy
- Microwave ablation
- Cyst fenestration
- Small bowel resection
- Intra-abdominal/retroperitoneal sarcoma resection
Dr. Barry-Hundeyin is a surgical oncologist specializing in the management of hepatopancreatobiliary (HPB), gastrointestinal (GI) malignancies, sarcomas and peritoneal surface malignancies.
She attended Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society.
She completed her general surgery training at Harvard Medical School/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
She subsequently completed a post-doctoral research fellowship at New York University, where she published landmark papers in pancreatic cancer tumor immunology.
She completed a fellowship in Complex General Surgical Oncology at the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
She is passionate about making meaningful advancements in the care of cancer patients. She is a member of the surgical oncology team at the UK Markey Cancer Center dedicated to multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- fixes empty view field issue