In the UK Markey Cancer Center, the Gynecologic Oncology Team provides patients with care customized to fit their needs. Our program offers the latest in diagnosis, surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and targeted treatments.
Our team approach
The Gynecologic Oncology Team includes physicians, nurses and researchers from multiple specialties. Patients are seen in a comfortable, supportive environment. Our team works together providing each member’s individual expertise to offer patients personalized treatment plans suited for their needs.
The survival rate for cervical cancer is largely dependent on the stage of the cancer. Regular cervical cancer screening with the Thin Prep or HPV tests can help identify pre-cancer (dysplasia) or early stage cervical cancer when patient outcomes are far better. For more information on cervical survival rates based on cancer stage, visit the American Cancer Society website.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of cervical cancer treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
- For your first visit, you will be directed to the multidisciplinary clinic on the first floor of the Whitney-Hendrickson Building. Directions to the Whitney-Hendrickson Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
- UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
- Learn more about the ongoing cervical cancer clinical trials at Markey.
- Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
Advanced Practice Providers
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
UK Markey Cancer CenterWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Third Floor, Room 330A
Lexington, KY 40536Fax 859-323-1602
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)