The Gynecologic Oncology Team specializes in cancers of the ovary, cervix, uterus, vagina and vulva. Treatment options include radical surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, or a combination. Optimal, personalized care is provided by a team of specialists including medical and gynecologic oncologists.
Early detection of gynecologic cancers greatly increases treatment success. The Gynecologic Oncology Program offers the following screenings:
Ovarian cancer: The UK Markey Cancer Center Ovarian Screening Program was started in 1987 and provides free annual sonographic screenings to women at risk for ovarian cancer. For more information about the program, call toll free 800-766-8279 or 859-323-4687.
Cervical cancer: Patients are screened for conditions such as HPV, which indicate a higher risk of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) and invasive cervical cancer.
Ask your doctor for more information on upcoming screenings and how they may benefit you.
- Ovarian cancer screening
- Minimally invasive surgery of gynecologic cancers
- Advanced chemotherapy
- Clinical trials for the treatment of gynecologic cancers
- Ovarian tumor ultrasound.
- Clinical trials
- Genetic counseling
- Request an appointment online or call 859-323-5553 or toll free 866-340-4488.
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
UK Markey Cancer CenterThird Floor, Room 330AWhitney-Hendrickson Building800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-323-1602
A parking lot is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive. Get directions to Whitney-Hendrickson.
View or print a map of the UK HealthCare main campus (PDF, 228 KB)
- Bluegrass Ovarian Cancer Support (BOCS)
- Ovarian Awareness of Kentucky (O.A.K.): Ovarian cancer awareness materials available for anyone in the state to help spread awareness. Lunch & Learns held to women's group. Support group meetings in Louisville at Norton Healthcare and James Graham Brown Cancer Center. One-on-one networking with other survivors around the state. Annual survivors dinner in Louisville each August. Fundraising for research.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC): Offers information about support groups, educational materials, a hotline and a comprehensive Web site with links to many resources.
- Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance (OCRFA): Advances ovarian cancer research while supporting women and their families.