New Format for NIH Biosketches
NIH has updated their biosketch requirements as a part of the new FORMS-D release, which affects the required forms for all proposals being submitted on or after May 25, 2016. These changes directly affect how grants are reviewed and are mandatory for all submissions. All grant applications must now adhere to the new format.
The resources below will help you construct your biosketch to meet the NIH guidelines and address the points most critical to reviewers.
- Page limit is now 5.
- Contributions to Science
- Added in the 2015 updates, but now with additional changes and clarification.
- The link to a full listing of your publications is optional, but if included, must be to a government site - see our downloadable presentation below for details about setting yours up via My NCBI and the My Bibliography tool.
- Can no longer include graphics, figures or tables.
- Research products cited in this section can now include conference proceedings such as meeting abstracts, posters, or other presentations.
- Research Support
- Past three years no longer has to be listed in order of relevance.
Markey's Research Communications Office is available help researchers navigate the format changes and answer questions about accommodating the new guidelines. If you have questions or would like an editor to review your biosketch, contact the Research Communications Office at email@example.com.