UK HealthCare offers a Nursing Care Tech Scholarship Program to support individuals interested in obtaining a State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) Certification.
- Shantel Adams, current Nursing Care Technician Tower A 10 UB and former Environmental Services Associate (EVS), Crothall.
Pictured, left to right:
- Peyton Brock, Nursing Care Technician, Markey Cancer Center, current graduate student, EKU Master's in Public Health Program
- Kathy Sanford, Nursing Care Technician, PAV A, Pulmonary Medicine; former CT technician assistant, UK Department of Radiology
- Joshua Hamilton, Nursing Care Technician, UK Chandler Emergency Department; former patient clerical assistant, UK Chandler Emergency Department
- Teuntez Clark, Nursing Care Technician, UK Chandler Emergency Department; former patient relations assistant, Markey Cancer Center Multi Disciplinary Clinic
- Madelyn Baier, Nursing Care Technician, Markey Cancer Center; former childcare provider
- David Stacy, Nursing Care Technician, PAV A, Cardiovascular Services; former patient dining associate, Morrison’s
- Olivia Kopser, Nursing Care Technician, PAV A, Neurosciences; former events coordinator, Metronet
- Susan Mtoubsi, Nursing Care Technician, 4E/4W Kentucky Children's Hospital; former patient relations assistant, Otolaryngology, Kentucky Clinic
Pictured left to right:
- Roland Adams, former Patient Safety Technician, Behavioral Health
- Denise Williams, Nursing Care Technician, Neurosciences; former Patient Clerical Assistant, Trauma Surgical Services
- Bobby Saylor, formerly from the Kentucky Blood Center
- Connie (Lee) Young, Nursing Care Technician, Neurosciences; former Environmental Services, Trauma Surgical Services
- Corbyn Wood, Nursing Care Technician, Good Samaritan Hospital Acute Care; former Lowe’s – Nicholasville, KY
- Gil Bagang – Patient Clerical Assistant, Medicine Pulmonary Services
- Sarah Bowen – Medical Assistant, Family and Community Medicine Clinic, KY Clinic; formerly Childcare Assistant, Nicholasville After School Program
- Not pictured – Lauren Mueller, Nursing Care Technician, Neurosciences; former Patient Safety Technician, Behavioral Health
Senior Career Consultant Sue Strup, MSEd, MSN, and Nurse Recruitment Manager Jennifer Barnes, MSN, RN, the Nursing Care Tech scholarship, which provides an opportunity for community members and non-licensed personnel (i.e., Patient Safety Techs, Unit Clerks, Dietary Aides, House Keepers, etc.) to become a Nursing Care Technician for UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hospital or UK Good Samaritan.
The scholarship program covers expenses up to $850 for the State Registered Nurse Assistant course (SRNA), the SRNA test and the American Heart Association CPR class.