The Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders program at UK HealthCare provides comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and patient education for multiple sclerosis (MS) and other neuroimmunologic disorders. Our fellowship-trained physicians are experts in leading-edge research and advanced medicine for MS and are highly experienced in managing even the most complex cases.
As part of the Kentucky Neuroscience Institute, we offer our patients the best in multidisciplinary care, including partnerships with specialists in cognitive neurology, ophthalmology and psychiatry, as well as physical and occupational therapists with focused training in MS.
As the largest program of its kind in the state, our program at UK treats adult and pediatric patients with MS and the full spectrum of related neuroimmunologic disorders, including the following:
- All MS subtypes, including progressive, relapsing-remitting and secondary progressive
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- Neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder
- Transverse myelitis
- Pediatric MS and related disorders
- Other autoimmune diseases of the central nervous system
With a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients, we offer the most advanced therapy options for MS and other neuroimmunologic disorders. We provide:
- Our on-site infusion center with dedicated and highly skilled pharmacists who help patients easily manage their infusion therapies.
- Physical and occupational therapists at UK who specialize in MS and related disorders who help our patients manage their symptoms and improve their mobility.
- Access to ongoing clinical trials that study new and innovative approaches to treating and managing MS and other neuroimmunologic disorders.