From diagnosis to treatment to long-term management, our neurosciences experts provide the complete scope of neurological care. Here are just a few of the innovative therapies we offer:
- Deep brain stimulation. An innovative treatment that uses electrical impulses to bring lasting relief to those with Parkinson’s and other movement and control issues.
- Gamma knife radiosurgery. This minimally invasive alternative to brain surgery uses precise, high-energy gamma radiation to target brain tumors while sparing healthy tissue.
- Responsive neurostimulation. During this procedure, a device is implanted in the brain to help control seizures for those with drug resistant epilepsy.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery. During this nonsurgical procedure, high doses of radiation are targeted to specific areas to treat tumors or abnormalities without damaging healthy tissue.
- Thrombectomy. This treatment surgically removes blood clots that cause stroke, deep vein thrombosis and other dangerous and deadly conditions.
- Vagus nerve stimulation. During this procedure, a device is implanted that send pulses of electrical energy to the brain to help people with chronic seizures or depression.
The multidisciplinary team at the Kentucky Neuroscience Institute is made up of fellowship-trained and board-certified specialists from a wide range of fields including neurology, neuropsychology, psychiatry, pediatrics, neurophysiology and vascular neurology. They are supported by a dedicated group of nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Together, they deliver quality care for the most complex neurological and neuromuscular conditions.