Physicians and staff at Gill Heart & Vascular Institute at UK HealthCare are nationally recognized as experts in their treatment of cardiovascular disease. We offer comprehensive, noninvasive diagnostic and treatment methods for common heart conditions.
Common types of heart disease our specialists can treat include:
- Angina: chest discomfort or pain, the most common symptom of coronary heart disease
- Arrhythmia: changes to the heart’s electrical impulses, affecting the heartbeat
- Atherosclerosis: plaque buildup in the arteries
- Atrial fibrillation: a form of arrhythmia that causes the heart’s upper chambers to beat irregularly
- Bradycardia: a form of arrhythmia that causes the heart rate to slow down
- Coronary artery disease: a serious condition in which atherosclerosis affects the blood supply to the heart
- Hyperlipidemia: high levels of fats (lipids) in the blood such as cholesterol or triglycerides
- Hypertension: also called high blood pressure, in which the force of blood moving through blood vessels is too high
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD): atherosclerosis affecting the arteries outside of the heart, most commonly the legs. PAD can also affect arteries in the arms, head or stomach.
- Tachycardia: a form of arrhythmia that causes the heart rate to speed up
For multiple years, Gill Heart & Vascular Institute has received recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a leading expert in care of cardiovascular disease. We have also been named as a high-performing hospital in aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and heart failure.