Every gift matters: Philanthropy’s many possibilities
When you make a gift to Kentucky Children’s Hospital, you help us recruit and retain some of the country’s top doctors and surgeons. You provide health care to children in the most underserved areas of Kentucky and surrounding states. You ensure that our hospital has the latest equipment and technology to provide the most advanced care. And you help us make children and their families feel at home during their hospital stay.
Better outcomes for children
We know children do better when they’re cared for in a hospital designed for their specific needs. That’s why Kentucky Children’s Hospital offers leading-edge tools and technology to support our pediatric experts in providing the most advanced treatments – all in an environment specially designed with kids in mind.
The power of giving in action
Through charitable giving from community members and organizations, we’ve added new and important facilities, services and programs to our children’s hospital. Significant upgrades and projects completed with gifts like yours include:
- The Simpson Family Theater, where patients and families are treated to first-run movies and where families can create scrapbooks of their NICU journeys.
- The newly renovated $1.6 million DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic, which has more than twice the space of the previous clinic.
- The Makenna David Pediatric Emergency Center, the region’s only pediatric emergency department.
- A new cardiology clinic and renovations to the hospital’s pediatric acute care floor and progressive care floor.
- The Kentucky Children’s Hospital mobile clinic, a mobile multispecialty clinic providing pediatric cardiology, mental health services and sports physicals to children in underserved areas or who cannot travel to reach care.
Because Kentucky Children’s Hospital is part of a leading academic health system, physicians and scientists from the UK College of Medicine are constantly working toward the best and latest treatments for our young patients. And because we’re a teaching hospital, kids across Kentucky benefit from our role in training many of the Commonwealth’s leading pediatricians.