Aerodigestive Team and Services - Pediatric
The UK Children’s Aerodigestive Team provides a multidisciplinary approach to caring for young patients with respiratory and upper digestive system disorders.
To provide families with the care and answers they need, collaboration is essential. We bring together the expertise of UK HealthCare pediatric specialists – including otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat doctors) and speech therapy experts – to deliver the highest-quality care. We see children of all ages, from birth through age 18.
- Noisy breathing
- Laryngeal stenosis
- Tracheal stenosis
- Tracheostomy dependence
- Vocal cord paralysis or immobility
- Laryngeal cleft
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Swallowing or feeding difficulty
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Recurrent respiratory symptoms
Why choose UK HealthCare for your child’s aerodigestive condition?
Aerodigestive disorders can be complex. They require specialized expertise and equipment to deliver appropriate diagnosis and therapy. UK HealthCare offers:
- The only pediatric aerodigestive team and the only fellowship-trained pediatric otolaryngologists in the Bluegrass Region. Our fellowship-trained pediatric ENT specialists have more than 25 years of combined experience treating children with these conditions.
- The only pediatric speech therapists in the region trained for flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES).
- Collaboration with the only fellowship-trained pediatric anesthesiologists in the region for sedated procedures.