We’ve all been there: Your child has an earache at bedtime, and you don’t know what to do. If you’re unsure of the type of care your child needs, our After-Hours Triage program can help. This program, staffed by pediatric nurses with an average of 15 years of experience, is available for UK HealthCare patients and families to use for medical questions and concerns.
- Monday–Friday: 5 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 24 hours
- Holidays: 24 hours
If you are unsure of the type of care your child needs, or if you have questions about your child’s health, our pediatric nurses are ready to help. Nurses will quickly and efficiently answer your urgent calls to ensure your child receives proper care.
This can include:
- Answering questions about medication dosage or at-home care
- Offering at-home treatment options for mild symptoms or illnesses
- Referrals to a doctor’s office for next-day treatment
- Recommending treatment at an emergency department or urgent care center if necessary
The service line also uses Schmitt-Thompson Protocols, developed by two physicians and in conjunction with the American Institute for Preventive Medicine. These protocols are the gold standard for effective triage services, ensuring consistent and quality care.
Our after-hours pediatric triage is a free resource available in connection with our contracted clinics. If your child is a patient at one of the following clinics, your family can take advantage of our pediatric triage call center.
- A Caring Touch Pediatrics
- Corbin Pediatric Associates
- Somerset Pediatrics and Adolescent Associates
- UK Family Care Center
- UK General Pediatrics at Kentucky Clinic South
- UK General Pediatrics at UK Good Samaritan
- UK Meds-Peds Clinic
- UK Pediatric Neurology
- UK Polk Dalton Clinic
- Whitehouse Clinics
These physicians’ practices are also contracted clinics, and their patients can use our pediatric after-hours triage service free of charge.
- Nancy Bishof, MD
- Mary Jane Lagrew, MD
- Michael Simon, MD
- Wilkes & Warner, MDs