Primary Care - Pediatric
One of the most important things parents can do to ensure their children are healthy and happy is establish a relationship with a pediatrician. Pediatricians are experts at caring for your child and managing all aspects of children’s health and development, from treating acute illness, such as a fever or sore throat, to helping patients and their families control diabetes and other chronic conditions, to referring to specialists when necessary. At Kentucky Children’s Hospital, our pediatric primary care provider clinics feature care teams led by pediatricians who work with children from infancy to adolescence. These children’s primary care physicians form long-term relationships with their patients and become experts in their health, helping children navigate the physical and mental challenges of growing up while promoting overall wellness.
Our pediatricians specialize in providing comprehensive children’s health services, including:
- Administering recommended childhood vaccinations
- Conducting newborn checkups, well-child care, annual well-child exams, and back-to-school and sports physicals
- Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses and injuries
- Educating children and families about the tenets of a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention, including proper nutrition, exercise and sleep habits
- Monitoring children for typical developmental milestones and signs of developmental delays
- Overseeing the management of chronic conditions and educating children and families about how to control symptoms and minimize risk factors
- Providing adolescent medicine services
- Providing school health services
- Watching for signs of childhood abuse, including sexual abuse, and taking appropriate steps to address the problem, if present
Pediatricians are the gateway to specialty care, which may be necessary when children are diagnosed with a condition affecting a particular organ or system of the body. When that’s the case, pediatricians can determine the most appropriate type of specialty care and refer children to a specialist at Kentucky Children’s Hospital. Specialists work closely with pediatricians, who know children’s medical history best and remain responsible for managing their overall health.
Children’s primary care pediatric services are available at care centers throughout the UK HealthCare network, including in eastern Kentucky. When a minor illness or injury occurs after hours or on the weekend, the UK Twilight Children’s Clinic is available to care for children when seeing their pediatrician isn’t an option.
Why Choose Kentucky Children’s Hospital for Pediatric Primary Care?
The Kentucky Children’s Hospital pediatric primary care team features dozens of pediatricians and advanced practice providers who are passionate about helping children stay well so they can play, grow, learn and pursue their dreams. Our children’s primary care pediatrics providers collaborate with colleagues in numerous medical specialties to ensure children get the all-around care they need to thrive.
Our pediatricians and advanced practice providers are supported by the comprehensive pediatric services of Kentucky Children’s Hospital, part of UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital, which U.S. News & World Report ranked the No. 1 hospital in Kentucky and the Bluegrass Region.
- 2400 Greatstone Point Second Floor Lexington, KY 40504
- 2195 Harrodsburg Road Lexington, KY 40504
HoursSun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pmMon-Fri: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmSat: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 1135 Harry Sykes Way Lexington, KY 40504
- 135 E. Maxwell St. Second Floor, Suite 200 Lexington, KY 40508
HoursSun: ClosedMon-Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pmSat: Closed
- 317 E. Main St. Wilmore, KY 40390
HoursSun: ClosedMon-Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pmFri: 8:00 am - 4:00 pmSat: Closed