About Kentucky Children's Hospital
Kentucky Children's Hospital by the numbers:
- 205 total beds
- 81 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) beds, Level IV NICU
- 9 Neonatal Abstinence Care Unit (NACU) beds
- 12 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) beds
- 4 Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (PCICU) beds
- 12 Progressive Care Unit (PCU) beds
- 43 acute care (non-Intensive Care Unit) beds
- 8 bed observational unit
- 26 normal newborn nursery beds
- 10 Adolescent Psych beds
- Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center
- Children's Sedation and Procedural Unit (CSPU)
- Dedicated pediatric endoscopy suite
- Three children's playrooms, a computer room and a library containing books and movies
- Three consult rooms (one in PICU, one in NICU and one in Acute Care)
- Four sleep rooms for parents of children in the ICU
- A Ronald McDonald family room, open 24 hours a day for families of children in intensive care
Pediatric outpatient care is provided at:
- Kentucky Clinic
- Kentucky Clinic South
- Pediatrics at Maxwell
- Polk-Dalton Clinic
- Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center
- UK Pediatrics - Family Care Center
- UK HealthCare - Turfland
- In addition, many pediatric patients are treated at the Makenna David Pediatric Emergency Center
KCH serves as the subspecialty regional referral and pediatric care center for Central and Eastern Kentucky. There are more than 70 pediatric specialists and more than 300 pediatric nurses working in 24 areas, as well as physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists, dietitians, licensed clinical social workers, genetic counselor, child life specialists and pharmacists, all of whom are dedicated to caring for children.
Inpatient admissions each year number about 7,370 with about 4,280 non-ICU floor admissions, 680 PICU admissions, 960 NICU admissions and 1,450 admissions to the newborn nursery.
There are approximately 172,629 outpatient and clinic visits each year throughout the Department of Pediatrics (including Kentucky Clinic, Pediatrics @ Maxwell, UK Family Care Center, Community Cardiology at Baptist Health Medical Building C and the Polk-Dalton Clinic) and approximately 15,000 diagnostic tests and therapies. Patients are admitted by pediatrics, pediatric surgery, other surgical subspecialties, neurology and pediatric dentistry.
Kentucky Children's Hospital
Department of Pediatrics
800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536
The UK HealthCare system contains clinics that are part of University of Kentucky Hospital, more commonly known as UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital, a part of which is Kentucky Children's Hospital. These clinics are referred to as hospital-based clinics.
See the list of hospital-based clinics.