UK Pediatric Urology physicians address urological conditions and diseases that are present at birth or develop as a child grows. Pediatric urology provides care for both boys and girls ranging from birth to early adult age. The most common problems are those involving disorders of urination and testes. Treatment includes the male reproductive tract and the male and female urinary tract.
Common conditions treated include:
- Urinary tract infections. (UTI)
- Vesicoureteral reflux. (VUR)
- Urinary obstruction.
- Bladder control problems such as bedwetting and daytime urinary incontinence.
- Undescended testes (cryptorchidism) and inguinal hernia.
- Neurogenic bladder (e.g., associated with spina bifida).
- Antenatal consults for kidney and bladder abnormalities diagnosed before birth.
- Abnormal urethral opening
• buried penis
- Genitourinary malformations and birth defects
• prune belly syndrome
• bladder exstrophy
• ambiguous genitalia
Pediatric Specialty Clinic
UK Kentucky ClinicSecond Floor, Wing D, Room J201740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-257-6024
Morehead - CCSHCN214 W. First St.
Morehead KY 40351
Rockcastle Regional Hospital and Respiratory Care Center145 Newcomb Ave.
Mt. Vernon KY 40456