If you live in Lexington’s Northside neighborhood, you can find convenient and welcoming primary care at the UK HealthCare Polk-Dalton Clinic. With the goal of uplifting the Northside community, this mission-driven clinic offers programs and treatment options to support you and your entire family in caring for your health.
About Polk-Dalton Clinic
When you visit the Polk-Dalton Clinic, know that your care is in good hands.
Polk-Dalton emphasizes patient-focused, culturally sensitive care with an emphasis on meeting patients where they are. We provide care to patients of all ages and can treat both minor health issues and more serious diagnoses. Staffed by a bilingual team, our clinic serves people from many cultures and countries and can connect patients to medical interpreters to bridge any barriers to communication and understanding.
In addition to being a primary care center, our clinic offers specialized treatment programs, including support for pregnant women with substance use disorder. If you have a diagnosis that requires other specialized treatment, we can refer you to a specialist.
Finding the right primary care provider has been linked to continued good health and a better quality of life. If you’re seeking a new provider, consider scheduling an appointment at Polk-Dalton Clinic.
Providers at Polk-Dalton Clinic offer general wellness services and primary care for the whole family, including:
- Annual wellness visits and physicals
- Family planning
- Medication management
- Pre-employment screenings
- Preventive screenings, such as Pap tests for cervical cancer and PSA blood tests for prostate cancer
- Testing and monitoring of blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol
Our primary care providers specialize in diagnosing, treating and managing common chronic and acute conditions. They can also advise you on diet, exercise and taking care of yourself to help avoid medical problems in the future.
Features of Polk-Dalton Clinic
At Polk-Dalton Clinic, we offer several programs and services to support you and your family, including:
- General internal medicine and geriatrics
- Internal Medicine & Pediatrics Group
- PATHways program (Perinatal Assistance and Treatment Home) for expectant mothers struggling with substance use disorder
- Prescription pickup at appointments, facilitated by our full-time pharmacist
- On-site social worker and community health worker to connect patients to resources and support services
- On-site financial counseling
- Lab and radiology services
- Vaccines for Children, a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost
- Reach out and Read program
- Language and medical interpretation services
What to know for your first visit
If it is your first visit to the clinic, be sure to arrive early to allow yourself enough time to fill out registration forms. Bring a copy of your vaccination records to ensure that your provider gives you the best treatment options.
Polk-Dalton Clinic accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid. Bring a photo ID when you present your medical or insurance card. The clinic is willing to make payment arrangements for uninsured patients.