No matter what kind of athlete you are, you want to keep playing.
We also offer virtual visits through TeleCare; to schedule, call 859-218-3131.
When an injury occurs, the primary care sports medicine physicians, sports medicine surgeons and other members of the UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine team in the Lexington area create a personalized plan to help you get back to your sport.
Our primary care sports medicine physicians are trained in the nonoperative treatment of a variety of sports-related injuries and conditions. In addition to treating athletes, the physicians offer patients advice about how to improve fitness to maximize performance and recommend when it’s appropriate to return to play following a sports injury.
If an injury requires surgery, our fellowship-trained surgeons use the latest techniques to treat athletes safely and efficiently, and physical therapists from UK Sports Rehabilitation help them recover strength, range of motion and flexibility.
- Primary care sports medicine physicians treat a variety of acute and overuse injuries, such as sprains, strains, tendinitis and fractures, as well as provide therapeutic injections, evaluate and manage concussion, and counsel about return to play.
- Sports medicine surgeons treat athletes for anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and meniscus injuries, shoulder dislocations, fractures, and other injuries using the most up-to-date techniques.
- Physical therapists with UK Sports Rehabilitation guide athletes through individualized rehabilitation plans that may help them return to their previous levels of performance and prevent future injuries.
- Cartilage repair and restoration experts at the UK Center for Cartilage Repair & Restoration offer a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options for athletes with damaged cartilage in the joints.
- Achilles tendon disorder/rupture
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury
- Hip labral tear
- Rotator cuff issues
- Tendon injuries
- Tennis & golfer’s elbow
- Tricep/bicep rupture
Sports medicine physicians are surgeons who are trained to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, but they have additional expertise in treating athletic injuries. Our physicians also understand athletes’ unique nutritional, fitness and safety needs.
Our primary care sports medicine physician’s partner with our sports medicine surgeons, physical therapists and athletic trainers to ensure athletes receive excellent care in a seamless, timely manner so they can return to the sports they love.
Our sports medicine specialists and fellowship-trained surgeons are world-renowned for developing and implementing leading-edge techniques to diagnose, treat, research and educate patients about bone and joint disorders.
UK partnership will help current and future ACL surgery patients
UK Sports Medicine and the Biomotion Lab in the UK College of Health Sciences have partnered up to look at new ways to treat patients who have had a knee injury where they tore their anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). Even after surgery, many individuals go on to experience prolonged muscle weakness. Learn how ACL patients will benefit »
Advanced Practice Providers
UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine: Turfland
UK HealthCare - Turfland2195 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504Fax 859-257-0168Monday - Friday: 7:00 am-5:00 pm
Diagnostic Technologies: X-ray
Med Center Health Orthopaedics & Sports MedicineRiverside Professional Building825 Second Avenue East, Suite C2
Bowling Green, KY 42101Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm