Our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians have specialized training in treating and preventing the injuries that affect athletes and physically active individuals. Whether it be someone who walks daily to stay fit or a high school or college athlete, we are here to care for your injury and minimize your time away from sports and being physically active.
Because we are board certified in Family Medicine and have received additional fellowship training in sports medicine and musculoskeletal care, we have unique training that makes us the best option for anyone who has suffered an acute injury or an overuse injury. Runners, cyclists, football players and weekend warriors are some of our most common patients, although we see any patients over the age of eight.
- Care of sprains, strains and fractures
- Office-based procedures non-surgical procedures
- Ultrasound guided joint and tendon injections
- Sport concussion evaluation and management
- Plan for physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Return to play decision
- Referral to one of our sports medicine surgeons if needed
To learn more visit the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine website.
UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine: Turfland
UK HealthCare - Turfland2195 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504Fax 859-257-0168Monday - Friday: 7:00 am-5:00 pm
Diagnostic Technologies: X-ray