Tools for daily chores
These tools include:
- Stools, carts, trash cans, and other objects on wheels so they can be pushed rather than carried or lifted.
- Doorknob extenders. They help you open doors without twisting the doorknob.
- Molded or padded handles. They can make objects like keys, kitchen gadgets, combs, mirrors, and toothbrushes easier to hold.
- Reaching or grabbing tools. You can use them to help you pick up items from the floor or from a high shelf.
- Writing and reading tools, such as grips on pens or a magnifying glass to help you read.
Copyrighted material adapted with permission from Healthwise, Incorporated. This information does not replace the advice of a doctor.