Whether you are living with arthritis, have led a physically active life or sustained a lasting injury, you may experience chronic pain in one of the most important joints in the body — the knee. When your knee is not functioning properly, your ability to move and your quality of life may suffer.
Knee specialists with UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine are trained to provide a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatments to ease knee pain and improve mobility.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Meniscal deficiency
- Meniscus tear
- Patellar tendinitis
Treatment options we offer include:
- Knee arthroscopy — This minimally invasive surgery is designed to repair the knee joint.
- Knee replacement — Orthopedic specialists may choose this option in the case of a knee that is severely damaged.
- Knee revision — If an earlier knee implant has failed, worn down or become infected, a knee specialist can remove and replace part or all of the artificial knee joint.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapists bring more than 100 years of combined experience to UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine. This team specializes in athletic training, Pilates and strength and conditioning.
- Sports rehabilitation — Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation team works together with your physician to design a program tailored to meet your needs. Each program includes options for treatment, rehabilitation and conditioning.
UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine has proven experience in providing quality care and successful outcomes for our patients.
Get the same advanced care from the same knee pain doctors as the Division I athletes we treat. We offer modern techniques to help get you back in the game, back to work or back to yourself as quickly as possible.
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building125 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington, KY 40508
Med Center Health Orthopaedics & Sports MedicineRiverside Professional Building825 Second Avenue East, Suite C2
Bowling Green, KY 42101Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm