Whether you are living with arthritis, have led a physically active life or sustained a lasting injury, you may experience chronic pain in one of the most important joints in the body — the knee. When your knee is not functioning properly, your ability to move and your quality of life may suffer.
Knee specialists with UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine are trained to provide a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatments to ease knee pain and improve mobility.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Meniscal deficiency
- Meniscus tear
- Patellar tendinitis
Treatment options we offer include:
- Knee arthroscopy — This minimally invasive surgery is designed to repair the knee joint.
- Knee replacement — Orthopedic specialists may choose this option in the case of a knee that is severely damaged.
- Knee revision — If an earlier knee implant has failed, worn down or become infected, a knee specialist can remove and replace part or all of the artificial knee joint.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapists bring more than 100 years of combined experience to UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine. This team specializes in athletic training, Pilates and strength and conditioning.
- Sports rehabilitation — Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation team works together with your physician to design a program tailored to meet your needs. Each program includes options for treatment, rehabilitation and conditioning.
UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine has proven experience in providing quality care and successful outcomes for our patients.
Get the same advanced care from the same knee pain doctors as the Division I athletes we treat. We offer modern techniques to help get you back in the game, back to work or back to yourself as quickly as possible.