Whether you are living with arthritis, have led a physically active life or sustained a lasting injury, you may experience chronic pain in one of the most important joints in the body — the knee. When your knee is not functioning properly, your ability to move and your quality of life may suffer.
Knee specialists with UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine are trained to provide a variety of surgical and nonsurgical treatments to ease knee pain and improve mobility.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Knee arthritis. This type of osteoarthritis usually starts in the inside (medial) part of the knee, which bears the most weight. Risk factors include obesity (which puts stress on the knees) and severe injury (such as those from sports). Read about Arthritis.
- Failed partial or total knee replacement revision. Previous implants can fail, wear out or become infected. Our orthopaedic surgeons are experts in joint revision surgery, which can ease pain or problems from previous surgeries.
- Meniscus tear.This injury to the connective tissue in the knee makes up about one-third of all sports injuries. Left untreated, a torn meniscus can lead to chronic pain and a higher risk of osteoarthritis. Learn more about meniscus tear treatment. Read about Meniscus tear.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Meniscal deficiency
- Patellar tendinitis
- Knee arthroscopy — This minimally invasive surgery is designed to repair the knee joint.
- Knee replacement — Orthopedic specialists may choose this option in the case of a knee that is severely damaged.
- Knee revision — If an earlier knee implant has failed, worn down or become infected, a knee specialist can remove and replace part or all of the artificial knee joint.
- Physical therapy — Physical therapists bring more than 100 years of combined experience to UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine. This team specializes in athletic training, Pilates and strength and conditioning.
- Sports rehabilitation — Our multidisciplinary rehabilitation team works together with your physician to design a program tailored to meet your needs. Each program includes options for treatment, rehabilitation and conditioning.
UK Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine has proven experience in providing quality care and successful outcomes for our patients.
Get the same advanced care from the same knee pain doctors as the Division I athletes we treat. We offer modern techniques to help get you back in the game, back to work or back to yourself as quickly as possible.