Teens and children have unique gynecologic needs. That’s why we have doctors who are specially trained to care for our younger patients. With exams and procedures specifically designed for pediatric and adolescent patients, we provide care and comfort for patients ranging from newborns to age 21, with a focus on teen health.
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office BuildingSuite 140125 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington KY 40508
UK Polk-Dalton Clinic217 Elm Tree Lane
Lexington KY 40507Fax 859-257-7322
- Vulvovaginitis - irritation or infection
- Prepubertal bleeding - bleeding before the normal age of menstruation
- Labial adhesion - a common condition in prepubertal females that sometimes blocks urine flow
- Ovarian cysts - fluid-filled sacs formed on the ovaries
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Menstrual irregularity - a significant variation in menstrual cycle length and flow
- Pubertal menorrhagia (heavy periods)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - a hormonal disorder of women in reproductive age, sometime causing menstrual irregularity and excessive hair growth
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Adolescent pregnancy care
- Young Parents Program - an OB-GYN specializing in adolescent care provides care to young women in this program.
Along with treatment, we provide educational services on topics such as:
- Importance of annual gynecological exams
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
- Minimally invasive surgery