Teens and children have unique gynecologic needs. That’s why we have doctors who are specially trained to care for our younger patients. With exams and procedures specifically designed for pediatric and adolescent patients, we provide care and comfort for patients ranging from newborns to age 21, with a focus on teen health.
Health care providers, please visit our referral page to refer your patient to this service.
- Vulvovaginitis - irritation or infection
- Prepubertal bleeding - bleeding before the normal age of menstruation
- Labial adhesion - a common condition in prepubertal females that sometimes blocks urine flow
- Adolescent pregnancy care
- Beyond Birth Comprehensive Recovery Center provides assistance to women who have recently given birth and have substance use disorders. The parenting women must be at least 18 years old and have a least one child age 5 or below.
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Menstrual irregularity - a significant variation in menstrual cycle length and flow
- Ovarian cysts - fluid-filled sacs formed on the ovaries
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - a hormonal disorder of women in reproductive age, sometime causing menstrual irregularity and excessive hair growth
- Pubertal menorrhagia (heavy periods)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Young Parents Program - an OB-GYN specializing in adolescent care provides care to young women in this program.
Along with treatment, we provide educational services on topics such as:
- Importance of annual gynecological exams
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
- Minimally invasive surgery
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building125 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington, KY 40508
UK Polk-Dalton Clinic217 Elm Tree Lane
Lexington, KY 40507