At Kentucky Children’s Hospital, we use every resource available to provide the best care possible for your child. That’s why you’re an important part of our team. No one knows your child like you do. Our family-centered approach combines your knowledge and values with our expertise and skills for a team effort that focuses on what’s best for your child and family.
Kentucky Children's Hospital aims to make appointment scheduling as easy as possible for you.
To request, change, or cancel an appointment, click here. We will contact you within 24 hours Monday through Friday to help you schedule an appointment.
Support & Resources
Family-focused care goes beyond exceptional pediatric health care. It’s also providing the education, support and guidance you need along the way. Whether it’s finding specialty pediatric care, knowing how to prepare your child for a hospital stay, finding a doctor or making an appointment, we’re here to make your experience with us smooth and comfortable.
- Our services: Learn more about our comprehensive pediatric services, including more than 30 advanced pediatric subspecialty programs, all close to home.
- Find a provider: Kentucky Children’s Hospital is home to Kentucky’s top pediatric specialists. Our simple search tool makes finding a health care provider easy.
- Child Life Program: Learn how our Child Life Program helps your child cope with an illness, injury or hospital stay.
- Preparing for a hospital stay: We’ll help you prepare for a hospital stay, from helping you talk to your child about their visit to knowing what you should and shouldn’t bring with you.
- Visiting your child: The support family and friends can go a long way toward helping your child heal. Learn more about how people can visit and keep in touch while your child is in the hospital.
- Appointments: Request or change an appointment with our easy online form.
One of the most important factors in a child's recovery is the support and love of family and friends. That's why we make is as easy as possible to visit patients at Kentucky Children's Hospital. A few things to remember about your visit:
- If you're sick, please wait until you're well to visit. The risk of infection is too great. Even if you just have a cold or sore throat, please, for the child's safety, wait until you are well.
- To protect the child's privacy, we can only give the child's general condition (good, fair, serious, or critical) over the phone.
- Please don't bring your own blankets, pillows, or sleeping bags. We have blankets and pillows for anyone waiting for a patient.
Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day. If you need more time with a child, or can't visit during those hours, talk to nursing and we'll do whatever we can to make sure you get time to visit.
How to call a patient: Every child has a phone in his or her room. You're welcome to call their room directly if you know their room number or call the hospital at 859-323-5000 and we'll transfer you to the child's direct line.
Sending cards and flowers: We deliver flowers and mail to every child's room Monday through Friday. If a child is in intensive care, the flowers will be left at the desk. If you have questions about flower delivery, you can call the volunteers who deliver them at 859-323-6023.
Gift shop: Located in the hospital lobby on the first floor, the gift shop sells various personal care items, reading materials, candy and gifts. You may also purchase gift baskets, University of Kentucky merchandise, flower arrangements and stuffed toys by phone. Volunteers will deliver the gifts to UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hospital and Markey Cancer Center patients. The gift shop accepts cash, Visa and MasterCard and can deliver Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Call 859-323-5797 for more information.