The UK HealthCare system contains clinics that are actually part of the University of Kentucky Hospital, more commonly known as UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital. These clinics are referred to as hospital-based clinics.
“Hospital-based” refers to the relationship between the hospital and its clinic. Usually, the hospital-based clinic is not located in the hospital. The relationship allows the hospital and the clinic to share costs and revenue. This is a national model of practice for large integrated health care delivery systems like UK HealthCare. The hospital-based clinic is under the license and meets the standards for accreditation of UK Chandler Hospital.
Below is a list of hospital-based clinics of UK Chandler Hospital:
- Anesthesia Preop Services
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Clinic
- Comprehensive Breast Care Center
- DanceBlue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic
- Diagnostic Imaging & Echocardiography
- Family Care Center
- Gill Heart & Vascular Institute - Maxwell
- Gill Heart & Vascular Institute - Pavilion G
- Interventional Pain Associates
- Kentucky Children’s Hospital Congenital Heart Clinic
- Kentucky Neuroscience Institute Clinic
- Markey Hematology Program
- Markey Multidisciplinary Clinic
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- OB-GYN Ultrasound Services
- Pediatric Specialty
- Precision Medicine Clinic
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Polk-Dalton Clinic
- Radiation Oncology
- Radiology Services @ Maxwell
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Transplant & Specialty Clinic
- Transplant Center
- Voice & Swallow Services
- Wound Care Clinic
This structure aligns clinics and services closer with the hospital, which enhances quality and safety standards and makes care more consistent. Like our hospital facilities, our hospital-based clinics are operated under the performance standards of The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies health care organizations and programs in the United States. The hospital and its hospital-based clinics regularly undergo unannounced surveys by reviewers from The Joint Commission.
For more information on The Joint Commission, visit this page. Find out more about UK HealthCare’s quality and safety and how we stay continually ready for a survey review.
Because they operate under the hospital’s oversight, an appointment at a hospital-based clinic will be billed in the same fashion as a hospital bill. Your insurance company – or you, if you do not have insurance – will receive two separate bills: one from the physician or other licensed practitioner treating you and one from UK Chandler Hospital.
And as always, depending upon your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for all or a portion of the charges on each bill.
For more information, patients may contact Patient Billing Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at 859-257-7900 or toll free at 800-967-2131.