UK Radiology provides state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services for patients using computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), radionuclide imaging (nuclear medicine), ultrasonography (US), and conventional radiography (X-ray). UK HealthCare Radiology also performs a wide variety of therapeutic interventional procedures using advanced image-guided techniques.
To make an appointment, call 859-323-XRAY (9729)
- Abdominal Radiology: CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray/Fluoroscopy of gastrointestinal tract and genitourinary tract
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Radiology: CT, MRI, and X-ray/Fluoroscopy of heart, lungs and mediastinum
- Emergency Radiology: CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray of entire body (e.g., trauma)
- Interventional Radiology: Full range of vascular and non-vascular procedures for diagnosis and therapy. Visit our Interventional Radiology site »
- Medical Physics: Medical physics support for safe use of radiation-producing imaging instruments.
- Musculoskeletal Radiology: CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray/Fluoroscopy of bones and joints
- Neuroradiology: CT and MRI of brain, head and neck, and spine; interventions (e.g., aneurysms/AVMs and kyphoplasty)
- Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging: Gamma camera imaging and PET/CT of entire body; radionuclide therapies
- Pediatric Radiology: CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray/Fluoroscopy for neonates, infants and childre
- Women’s Radiology: Mammography, MRI and ultrasound of breasts for diagnosis and interventions (e.g., biopsy), tomosynthesis
Computed Tomography (CT)
- CT Fluoroscopy
- 64-Slice dual-energy CT Scanner
- Wide-Bore CT Scanner
Dual-Energy Absorptiometry (DEXA)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- 1.5T open-bore MRI Scanner (for patients up to 550 pounds, 28 inches girth)
- 3T MRI Scanner
- Digital Mammography, Tomosynthesis
- Gamma Cameras with Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography (PET/CT)
- Real-time with color doppler
- Breast with elastography
- Digital X-ray
- Single-plane and bi-plane fluoroscopy
Bone and Joints
- Arthrograms (MRI, X-ray), aspirations and biopsies, joint injections (e.g., steroids)
Brain and Spine
- Cerebral Aneurysms/AVMs
- Biopsies (stereotactic, MR-Guided, ultrasound-guided)
Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Aspirations and biopsies
- Cryoablation and radiofrequency ablation
How to obtain copies of your radiology images
The Image Records Center can provide a copy of your Radiology images upon request. The images will be in CD format, and include a copy of the corresponding written report.
To protect patient confidentiality, Radiology images cannot be copied and released without a written consent or signed Authorization for Release of Information by the patient or legal guardian. A valid photo ID is required to pick up the requested CD.
Images requested for personal use will incur a $10 charge. If you will be taking the disc to a physician, please be sure to include the physician's name on the Authorization for Release form and these will be made at no charge.
To request images, please call the Image Records Center at 859-323-5416 or 859-257-6708.
Signed authorizations can be faxed to the Image Records Center at 859-257-6769.
For all other requests related to medical records, please contact Health Information Management at 859-323-5117 or visit the medical records page.