Family & Community Medicine
UK Family and Community Medicine offers primary care, preventive services, and continuity of care for the entire family. We treat a variety of illnesses and injuries in newborns, children and adults.
Read about TeleCare visits »
- Same-day appointments are usually available for established patients. Request an appointment online or call 859-323-6371.
- New patients may make an appointment with a Family & Community medicine provider using our Open Scheduling tool.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries for adults and children.
- Routine gynecology services and contraception care.
- Maternity care.
- Sports physicals.
- Checkups (newborns, pediatric, adult and senior).
- Minor surgeries.
- Counseling and mental health services.
- Geriatric care.
- Primary care hospital services.
Our family medicine physicians are primary care physicians trained to meet the diverse health needs of all ages. We follow your care throughout your life, allowing us to create a long-term relationship with you and giving us a comprehensive understanding of your past medical history.
In the event you need subspecialty care, we will provide a referral and oversee your care provided by the subspecialist as well as during a hospital stay if you are hospitalized.
Learn more about each of our locations below:
Davies-Thompson family patient story
“We have been caring for families across Kentucky since the inception of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and have provided loving and personal care to thousands of Kentuckians,” says Dr. Roberto Cardarelli, chair of the Department of Family and Community Medicine. “Our passion is caring for the entire family in terms of wellness and chronic care and being a leader in the nation in the specialty of family medicine.” Families like the Davies-Thompson family of Lexington. Read their story »
Primary care services in Eastern Kentucky
Hazard & Hindman - North Fork Valley Community Health Center & June Buchanan Medical Center.
Most of our adult and pediatric patients seen at our Hazard and Hindman locations will be admitted to Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center. Patients will be transferred to UK Chandler Hospital or Kentucky Children’s Hospital if needed.