About University Health Service for Students & Employees
UHS is your source for employee and student health care. Our physicians are board-certified in family practice, internal medicine, gynecology/genitourinary care (GYN/GU), psychiatry, and occupational medicine. In addition to our physicians, our nurse practitioners have certification in family medicine, women's health, psychiatry and emergency medicine.
Reach us at 859-323-2778.
We look forward to seeing you!
Bundle up and know the warning signs of hypothermia
It’s cold outside. Really cold. Temperatures this week have hit record lows, and there’s not much relief in the forecast.
University Health Service BuildingFax: 859-257-8708830 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536
We are located two buildings down from the Kentucky Clinic and directly across S. Limestone from the Speedway gas station.
For information about services offered to students, go here.
- For general information, please call 859-323-5823
- To get in contact with the Phone Information Nurse (PIN) call 859-323-4636 (INFO)
- To contact Behavioral Health, call 859-323-5511
Student Clinic Hours (primary care, women’s health, health education):
- Fall and spring semesters: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday - Friday; 9-11 a.m. on Saturday
- Summer, winter and spring breaks: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Student Behavioral Health Clinic Hours:
- Fall and spring semesters: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Summer, winter and spring breaks: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
UHS Pharmacy Hours:
- 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, all year
- No weekend or holiday hours at this location.
- The employee clinic is available 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Required compliance items (such as annual TB screening and immunizations).
- Bloodborne pathogen exposures.
- Worker’s care.
- Prescription refills
- Respirator fit testing
- UK employees who have a UK health insurance plan can come to the UK Health Plans Urgent Care Clinic for urgent care needs.
In case of emergency, dial 911
For emergent or life-threatening illnesses or injuries, please call 911 and seek care at a local emergency room. Examples of emergent illnesses or injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Severe head trauma.
- Severe chest pain, shortness of air, choking/air way blockage.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Compound fractures (bone protruding through broken skin).
- Severe auto accident, fall or other injury.
- Hallucinations or other severe psychiatric concerns.
- Suicidal thoughts or actions; thoughts or actions of harming self or others.
- Partner and/or domestic violence when after clinic hours or during summer semester.
NOTE: If a patient is seen at University Health Service for a reason that is outside of the scope of our practice, we will transfer the patient to a UK Emergency Department for continued care. UHS does not have an infirmary; therefore, if continued treatment is required after hours the patient will be transferred to a UK Emergency Department for further care.
We are located two buildings down from the Kentucky Clinic and directly across South Limestone street from the Speedway gas station. You can park in the Kentucky Clinic Parking Garage or the UK Chandler Hospital Parking Structure.