The UK HealthCare Hand Center is made up of highly qualified medical professionals dedicated to the management and treatment of hand and upper extremity conditions. Our fellowship-trained, multidisciplinary hand surgeons are experts in addressing any hand, wrist or forearm condition — caused by traumatic, inflammatory or congenital issues — in patients of all ages.
Equipped with advanced diagnostic and treatment technology, on-site imaging and the latest orthotic devices, our experienced team of hand specialists provides quality, multidisciplinary care to patients across Lexington, the state and the region.
Some of the hand injuries and conditions we treat include:
- Arthritis — Inflammation in the joints of the hand that causes swelling and pain and can limit range of motion. Arthritis can impact the hand, thumb or wrist.
- Congenital hand differences — Conditions present since birth, including webbed fingers (syndactyly), more than five (polydactyly), limb deficiencies and amniotic band syndrome (strands of the amniotic sac become entangled in the fingers or wrist).
- Elbow trauma — Acute injuries of the elbow, including dislocation; fractures to the distal humerus, radial head, olecranon (elbow) and forearm; and biceps tendon tear at the elbow. Additionally, specialists offer treatment for other elbow conditions, including elbow injuries in the throwing athlete, recurrent and chronic elbow instability, elbow (olecranon) bursitis, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), and osteoarthritis of the elbow.
- Hand or wrist trauma — An acute hand or wrist injury, including fractures of the wrist, hand, thumb, finger; sprains or strains in the wrist or thumb; dislocations; muscle tears or ruptures; bite injuries from animals or humans; tendon injuries; joint injuries caused by a fall, penetration or direct blow. Specialists also provide diagnosis and treatment for other hand and wrist conditions, including Ganglion cyst of the wrist and hand, Kienböck’s disease, trigger finger, Dequervain’s tendinitis, finger contracture (Dupuytren’s contracture) and boutonnière deformity.
- Nerve conditions and injuries — Nerve conditions that cause pain, including carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome (ulnar nerve entrapment at the elbow), ulnar tunnel syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome and Erb’s palsy
The UK HealthCare Hand Center, the only comprehensive hand surgery service in Kentucky, works closely with other medical specialties, including fellowship-trained musculoskeletal radiologists, orthopaedic sports medicine doctors, rheumatologists, and physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors.
Our elite providers routinely hold combined conferences to discuss difficult cases, and we offer multispecialty, comprehensive care for our patients with leading-edge diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
Read about the UK HealthCare Hand Center team.
Additionally, as an academically affiliated facility, we are dedicated to embracing research to improve the health and experience of our patients.
UK HealthCare Hand Center
UK HealthCare - Turfland2195 Harrodsburg Road
Second Floor, Hallway I and J
Lexington, KY 40504Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm