The UK HealthCare Discharge Clinic ensures that patients who need follow-up care receive the support they need as they transition from hospital to home. The clinic provides short-term follow-up care for patients with complex medical conditions who have been recently discharged from UK HealthCare’s Albert B. Chandler or Good Samaritan hospitals.
Care is transitioned after a hospital stay or ER visit to an experienced medical team for temporary follow-up until you are able to see your primary care provider. Your appointment typically occurs within a few days of your discharge. Our team can assist you in arranging community support; ensure that you are following your discharge plan; help manage medications; and provide certain testing, imaging, and treatments needed to support you during recovery.
The Discharge Clinic offers care to help you:
- Avoid repeat ER visits.
- Lower chances of short-term readmission to the hospital.
Conveniently located at UK HealthCare – Turfland, the Discharge Clinic offers plenty of free parking, plus on-site lab, pharmacy, and imaging services.
- Patient assessments
- IV treatment (in-clinic) diuresis/antibiotics /steroids/blood pressure medications/electrolytes – fluid replacement
- Labs: basic metabolic panel (BMP)/complete blood count (CBC)/A1c/BNP, etc.
- Wound care check/changes
- Suture removal
- PICC line/mid line removals/checks
- Breathing treatments
- Imaging: X-ray; ultrasound; KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder) ultrasound
- Bedside spirometry