Because cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-shortening genetic disorder for which there is currently no cure, it is very important that care is provided by an accredited CF center. Proper treatment and care can influence a patient's life expectancy far beyond the average age of 37 years.
Our Cystic Fibrosis Clinic is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of:
- Adult and pediatric pulmonologist with special training in cystic fibrosis
- Respiratory therapist
- Adult nurse coordinator
- Pediatric nurse coordinator
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Doctor of Pharmacy
The team works closely with other pediatric and adult specialists including gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, otolaryngologists, psychiatrists, geneticists and surgeons.
We have an active adult lung transplant program. Transplant services and opportunities to participate in clinical trials are additional options available to our CF patients.
To speak with a pediatric or adult CF staff member or for prescription refills, call 859-257-5536.
Health care providers, please visit our referral page to refer your patient to this service.
Bluegrass Care Clinic (Adults)Fifth Floor, Wing D, Room L504
Kentucky Clinic740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-257-9813
- Robert Kuhn, PharmD – Pharmacist
- Diane Martyn, RD, MS, LD – Dietitian
- Karen Hollon, MSW, LCSW – Licensed social worker
- Barbara Simanek, RN – Nurse coordinator
- Robyn Birch, Adult nurse coordinator
- Cassie Weig, Pediatric nurse
- Judy Cash, RRT, Respiratory therapist
- Lorri Rogers, RRT, Respiratory therapist
- Viktoria Bulkley, CF research nurse
- Christina Payne, CF research nurse
- Sarah Maney, CF research nurse